Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
4,037 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought my first Glock two weeks ago. A like new G-26 from a friend. It's got finger grooves and a changeable back strap but no rail. Is this a Gen 2? Now the real question. I want another Glock. There are plenty of Gen 3 and Gen 4 Glocks on the shelves around here. What does the Gen 4 offer that the 3 doesn't? Pretty sure I'm gonna get a 19. There's a $70.00 price difference. What am I paying for? Thanks a lot.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I847 using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
18,433 Posts
Gen 4 has different texture and the grip is about 3mm smaller than the Gen 3.
The mag release is larger on the Gen 4 and you get 3 mags vs 2 mags on with the Gen3.
Gen 4 also has dual recoil spring.
$70 is a pretty big difference. Around here in Ohio, it's anywhere from a $20 to $40 price difference.

·
Banned
0 Posts
No rails on baby glocks.

·
Premium Member
1,773 Posts
Why? This is the non-XD forum, perfect place to ask.
Some people frown on people asking questions about different weapon manufactures on a different weapon manufactures website.

·
Premium Member
16,913 Posts
Some people frown on people asking questions about different weapon manufactures on a different weapon manufactures website.
Someone need a hug? I'll cuddle you.

I carry a g19 gen 4 get the gen 4 tracks faster with the recoil assembly. The new stock trigger is better. If you keep it stock that's worth 70 IMO and extra mag!

Normal suggestion from me is gen 4 beavertail back strap cut off 1/4" below pin so small grip with beavertail. I take the finger grooves off too.

Safety is a momentary choice. Prior performance and certification are completely irrelevant.

·
Registered
2,741 Posts
Too bad, get a life.

·
Registered
2,250 Posts
No rails on baby glocks.

But there are rails on the baby XD, baby XDm, and XDs... :) After all this is an XD forum albeit in the Non-XD section... :)

·
Premium Member
17,523 Posts
^ I don't think he feels that way, he is just pointing it out.
OneNineZero owns at least one Glock that I know of...

1 - 20 of 50 Posts