Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
644 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been looking for a good soft case for my AR but there are SO many out there. Do you guys have any advice on a good case?
Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
644 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I saw those but and the price is right but I guess are there better ones out there or is the Midway good enough? I hate shopping on the net I am a guy that likes to put something in my hands before I buy.

·
Registered
6,595 Posts
I saw those but and the price is right but I guess are there better ones out there or is the Midway good enough? I hate shopping on the net I am a guy that likes to put something in my hands before I buy.
There are some better bags out there, but unless you use it daily or are deployed, the midway bag works good.

·
Registered
184 Posts
I just got a UTG Covert Homeland case for two of my rifles. I got the 40 in but they make it in smaller sizes. It is a lot nicer than I thought it would be. You may want to give them a look. Here is a link to a 34"

·
Registered
4,401 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
I bought one from Voodoo Tactical that doubles as a shooting mat and drag bag for around $100. Very heavy duty and well constructed.

·
Registered
2,524 Posts
I also have a VooDoo Tactical, but it doesn't double as a shooting mat. Reasonably good quality - especially for the price - with a lot of convenient storage. The one thing it doesn't have is backpack-style straps. It has a single shoulder strap but that's not a particularly efficient way of carrying a drag bag any distance IMO.

$80.00 at Cheaper than Dirt. I'm sure you can find them elsewhere too.

·
Registered
644 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Basically I am looking to hold my S&W M&P 15, a decent amount of mags, hopefully my muffs but not a must, my baby cleaning kit, possibly my XD because I usually shoot both when I go,and my leatherman. That's all I can think of as of right this second and I don't really care if its a mat I don't think.

Any other suggestions as to what I should carry in it?

I looked at all these online last night and so far the everyone really likes the Midway bag so it is looking pretty promising.

Lastly my budget is about 150.

Thanks guys for the Info

·
Registered
532 Posts
My favorite is the Voo Doo drag bag sold at the NRA store, has shoulder straps, holds magazines, bipod, pistol section, etc.

·
Registered
494 Posts
the ones from midway are decent for a budget case
+1 on the Midway cases. Really depends on how you intend to use it.

I picked up this one for general purpose and trips to the range. Works just fine.

·
Super Moderator
46,389 Posts

·
Registered
793 Posts
Same on I have... Works just fine..
I have the midway bag as well. I like it, holds a decent amount of mags. I like the corner panels to protect the end of the barrel and flash hider. You can easily fit earmuffs and glasses in the pocket. The XD could go in the inner pocket (unzip the outside pocket and there is another zipped pocket in there) but the only issue being it isn't padded, and it might be a pain to carry handgun ammo in there as well. The ammo part would really be up to your preference. I don't have a problem with it, but some might. The zippers can also be a little difficult on the corners, but I have found its easiest to just squeeze the corner with the non-zipping hand and its fine. Overall, I like the Midway bag a lot for the price.

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
Voodoo Tactical Bag

includes straps for a backpack:

can hold two rifles without them marring up each other:

can also store scopes, handguns in these compartments:

deep secure pockets for pmags, etc...

Molle outside for addtional pouches, etc...

1 - 20 of 42 Posts