Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just bought a XDm 3.8 compact and want a Blackhawk CQC SERPA for it.

Can't find a specific model for the 3.8 (m). Does anyone know if (or have direct experience with) if a CQC SERPA for the older XD sub compact will fit?
And of course I mean fit well & fit safe, not too tight or loose. Don't want any RATTLING noise either.

Unfortunately I only have a Serpa for the XD45, & it doesn't fit at all. None of my other Serpas are even close. But mt leather High Noon for the Glock G19 is a 97% fit w/good retention. But Again, want a SERPA in addition for it.

I thought I posted this question a few nights ago, but I had also taken an Ambien to try & get some sleep, terrible insomnia lately. That Ambien is a VERY strange little pill.

Thanks for the info & experience :)

·
Registered
182 Posts
Not to make too much of a fuss, but I'd look for anything BUT a Serpa for your holster needs. Sounds like you're invested in some already - but from a safety/reliability standpoint, please look elsewhere.

That being said, I have never seen a 3.8 Serpa advertised. Get yourself an ALS from Safariland for a 4.5 XDM and cut down the end.

·
Registered
670 Posts
Just bought a XDm 3.8 compact and want a Blackhawk CQC SERPA for it.

Can't find a specific model for the 3.8 (m). Does anyone know if (or have direct experience with) if a CQC SERPA for the older XD sub compact will fit?
And of course I mean fit well & fit safe, not too tight or loose. Don't want much rattling noise either.

Unfortunately I only have a Serpa for the XD45, & it doesn't fit at all. None of my other Serpas are even close. But mt leather High Noon for the Glock G19 is a 97% fit w/good retention. But Again, want a SERPA in addition for it.

I thought I posted this question a few nights ago, but I had also taken an Ambien to try & get some sleep, terrible insomnia lately. That Ambien is a VERY strange little pill.

Thanks for the info & experience :)
I got the regular XD CQC holster and it fits my 3.8 compact perfectly.

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Not to make too much of a fuss, but I'd look for anything BUT a Serpa for your holster needs. Sounds like you're invested in some already - but from a safety/reliability standpoint, please look elsewhere.

That being said, I have never seen a 3.8 Serpa advertised. Get yourself an ALS from Safariland for a 4.5 XDM and cut down the end.
And why exactly? You posted so you should probably at least explain your distaste for SERPA & the reason they are so...UNSAFE, was it?

Xmanhockey, did you buy a fullsize XD, or the sub compact XD Serpa? Thanks for the response.

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I've got a regular size cqc for my sc40. I cut about an inch off of it.
So you have an XD Serpa for an XD, but not for an XD(m)?

·
Registered
425 Posts
:razz:If you plan on using any Serpa I would look into having your trigger finger removed or modified by an experienced medical professional. I understand that using a Serpa with a FACTORY trigger finger can be very dangerous:razz:

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
:razz:If you plan on using any Serpa I would look into having your trigger finger removed or modified by an experienced medical professional. I understand that using a Serpa with a FACTORY trigger finger can be very dangerous:razz:
So your holster caused you to lose your trigger finger, so sorry to hear for your loss.

I posted to hear if an XD holster will fit my XDm. NOT to hear what you saw on some loser Zombie Apocalypse YouTube channel about the made up dangers of said product.

You guys want to call them dangerous or junk, but you don't want to explain yourselves. At leqst attempt to backup your opinions. Otherwise you add nothing to a discussion..plus it takes the thread off topic.

·
Registered
4,290 Posts
I use the XD Serpa (full size) for my XD(M) 3.8, 4.5, and 5.25, yes they don't fit perfect tight, but well enough to use at the range. I also have the XD SC Serpa for my XD SC, and use it also for my 4" HS 2000 (Service model).

What has been reported and posted is that some people have inserted their finger in the trigger guard and press the trigger causing the firearm to discharge while drawing or holstering their firearm, I guess pushing the retention release is problematic for some people? . Thus some ranges have banned the use of Serpa holsters.

·
Registered
130 Posts
I use the XD Serpa (full size) for my XD(M) 3.8, 4.5, and 5.25, yes they don't fit perfect tight, but well enough to use at the range. I also have the XD SC Serpa for my XD SC, and use it also for my 4" HS 2000 (Service model).

What has been reported and posted is that some people have inserted their finger in the trigger guard and press the trigger causing the firearm to discharge while drawing or holstering their firearm, I guess pushing the retention release is problematic for some people? . Thus some ranges have banned the use of Serpa holsters.
Then apparently they are not drawing correctly. I have the Blackhawk with the retention that requires a slight depression when drawing, my buggar hook is on the side of my gun when drawn, I take aim, insert finger on the bang switch and squeeze.

dan

·
Registered
589 Posts
To Op's question. I am not aware of a Serpa made for the 3.8 or any XDm model. Sepra's made for XD's will accept and retain the XDm but its not a perfect fit.

·
Registered
178 Posts
It does not need to be removed, a piece of foam or rubber (proper thickness needs to be observed) can be placed in betwwen the notch of the trigger finger release button for it to stay engaed. So if you decided to go back to Level 2, all he has to do is pull the piece of foam/rubber out.

·
Registered
130 Posts
I am also looking for a Serpa for my XDm 3.8 compact 9mm. But it seems Blackhawk has yet to make a Serpa specially for the XDm or the XDm 3.8 compact. Maybe it 's just a matter of time before they tool up and do it. Meantime I need to make do with the holster Springfield provided with the handgun. Alas.

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Does your XD SC Serpa fit the 3.8?

Thanks

·
Registered
425 Posts
So your holster caused you to lose your trigger finger, so sorry to hear for your loss.

I posted to hear if an XD holster will fit my XDm. NOT to hear what you saw on some loser Zombie Apocalypse YouTube channel about the made up dangers of said product.

You guys want to call them dangerous or junk, but you don't want to explain yourselves. At leqst attempt to backup your opinions. Otherwise you add nothing to a discussion..plus it takes the thread off topic.
Please accept my apologies, those smiley faces mean I'm joking!!! My fault for not putting the following in my other post.

I have an XDm4.5 .45acp. I use the 410507BK-R Serpa it seems to fit my gun fine, It's labeled as the "Springfield XD Compact (or service models)"

I have read about people adding a couple of loop Velcro strips, (the fuzzy part) just below the trigger guard inside the Serpa. I considered this but after using it for a while it really doesn't seem necessary. Adding the velcro strips would tighten it up if you feel it rattles.

I am very happy with the serpa that I have. I was simply poking fun at those who struggle with the 4 rules of gun safety.

If you have a retailer that carries the serpas, I would bet they would be happy to let you fit it with your gun.

I believe they have two different retail packages. Make sure you get the one with the belt and/or paddle attachment that you want.

·
Registered
425 Posts
I had to reread my own post because I was baffled by some of the responses.

I didn't say I lost a digit...

or that you should alter your serpa's retention system...

I was attempting to insert some humor into the incidents regarding the ND's that some have caused by their misuse of this holster system, and their misuse of their "FACTORY" (insert mother joke here) trigger finger.

When responding please read twice if necessary and type once.

I'm sorry Rykko, not meaning to hijack here, I just hoped people could see the humor in my post.......... do those smiley things even work.....:confused:

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
If you plan on using any Serpa I would look into having your trigger finger removed or modified by an experienced medical professional. I understand that using a Serpa with a FACTORY trigger finger can be very dangerous
Odd. I've been using SERPAs profesionaly since they first came out. At first for the 1911, and the last few years for three seperate XDs. I use the trigger finger I was born with and have had absolutely no troubles. Depress the button with the pad of your finger, not the tip, and your finger will not pass through the trigger guard.

Just don't touch the trigger and all will be fine; as with all devices that contain your weapon.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts