Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a bushmaster ar and im looking for a decent scope for 25, 50, and 100 yards

I need a quality scope with out spending a lot
limit would be like 550I put prefer. Under 300

Thanks in advance for your help

·
Registered
155 Posts
How much magnification are you looking for? Also, just a target gun? Nikon and Leupold have some really nice scopes for under $300. Not sure as to what specifically you are looking for though. When I had a scope I used a Nikon M223.

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I don't know what magnification I need ill.be shooting at25,50,100, yards mostly with 200 sometimes

And it's for target only

·
Registered
10 Posts
For those distances I would say a 1-4x scope would suit you pretty well, like a Nikon m233 or a Burris Tac30, both of those are around the $300 range without rings.

·
Registered
2,778 Posts
How about the best of both a RDS and scope?

Millet DMS 1-4x24, perfect for close range and easily out to 500 yards.
Within your budget, even adding a PA deluxe extended mount.
Millett 1-4 x 24 DMS, Multi Coat Red-Dot Rifle Scope BK81002

I've used this scope on a friends rifle and was impressed with it's versatility.

Also a option is the Vortex line of scopes.
These are rock solid scopes, great optical/glass quality for the price and a Fully Transferable & Unlimited Lifetime Warranty with the best Customer service to be had.

I've several Vortex products. I've the Viper on my Saiga .308-ver.21 and love it, had it on my AR too, just as awesome.
Best thing is, right now, they're on sale at SWFA.
SWFA Vortex Rifle Scopes Vortex Viper Rifle Scopes

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
I'd say probably a fixed magnification scope. 4x would likely be my guess. Nikons have amazingly clear glass and have some great prices on a lot of their stuff. Leupold is also a very nice scope, I haven't had a lot of time with them so I wouldn't say for 100%, but they have been around for a long time and make a great product from what I have heard and used.

·
Registered
10 Posts
How about the best of both a RDS and scope?

Millet DMS 1-4x24, perfect for close range and easily out to 500 yards.
Within your budget, even adding a PA deluxe extended mount.
Millett 1-4 x 24 DMS, Multi Coat Red-Dot Rifle Scope BK81002

I've used this scope on a friends rifle and was impressed with it's versatility.

Also a option is the Vortex line of scopes.
These are rock solid scopes, great optical/glass quality for the price and a Fully Transferable & Unlimited Lifetime Warranty with the best Customer service to be had.

I've several Vortex products. I've the Viper on my Saiga .308-ver.21 and love it, had it on my AR too, just as awesome.
Best thing is, right now, they're on sale at SWFA.
SWFA Vortex Rifle Scopes Vortex Viper Rifle Scopes
Good choices, the Vortex is also one I was looking at before I bought the Trijicon.

And SWFA is a great place to buy scopes from, can usually get some great deals from them.

·
Registered
838 Posts
The Nikon M223 Rifle Scope is a tactical scope designed for use on AR-style rifles or tactical bolt action rifles The scope features Nikon's Ultra ClearCoat Optical System to provide up to 95% light transmission, 4 inches of constant eye relief and a sturdy 1-piece tube Another feature of the M223 is the new return to zero turrets which simplify adjustments for different ranges at the range or in the field The Nikon M223 Rifle Scope is covered by a lifetime factory warranty Technical Information
■ Tube Diameter: 1"
■ Objective Bell Diameter: 1"
■ Ocular Bell Diameter: 41mm
■ Adjustment Click Value: 1/2 MOA
■ Eye Relief: 4"
■ Exit Pupil Diameter: 4mm
■ Field of View at 100 Yards: •929' @ 1x •231' @ 4x

·
Registered
6,742 Posts
I reccomend either a fix 4X or a variable 3x9, (leave it set on 4x) but make sure you get a 40mm front lens. For close range you will need quick eye contact and lots of light pickup for low light situations. Use the higher than 4x on the 3x9 only for those 100 and over yard situations.

·
Premium Member
128,264 Posts
Personally, I wouldn't use a scope out to 100 yards. Red dots work better for me, e.g. EOTech 512.

·
Registered
892 Posts

·
Registered
780 Posts

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I was looking at eotech there is 2 here for sale a 512 and a 516 idk.if I should save and buy brand new or not I do have a vortex strike fire.on my m &p 15-22

·
Registered
10 Posts
Well if you still haven't decided, this may help!

From another forum and thought I would share.

The Seller is SWFA, running a very sweet deal at the moment on the Burris MTAC which is the updated version of the TAC30.

Order a Burris Fullfield Tac 30 1-4x24 for $299.95 and receive the new Burris MTAC 1-4x24 that originally sells for $399.95 at the $299.95 price.

****You will only get ONE scope. Order the Tac-30 for $299.95 and we will ship you the new MTAC for the price you paid for the Tac-30 ($299.95) which is $100.00 off the price of the new MTAC.****

HERE'S HOW
1. Click this link: Burris 1-4x24 Fullfield TAC 30 Tactical 30mm Rifle Scope
2. Add to cart
3. Checkout Now
4. Enter coupon code BO in the coupon code field.
5. Complete and submit order
6. You're finished and you will receive this scope: Burris 1-4x24 MTAC 30mm Rifle Scope
*There's no discount applied to your order with the coupon code. The code is to help us decipher on our end which orders need to switched to the MTAC scope.
** Yes we will take care of the order on our end and make sure you receive the MTAC.

HERE'S WHY
The Burris Fullfield TAC 30 has been on backorder for quite some time from Burris. Burris slowly shipping some out but the demand is far above production. This new MTAC scope however has already been produced and will be in stock shortly. Due to the delays in the Fullfield TAC 30, Burris is offering the MTAC scope at a special price to anyone who has a backorder for the TAC 30.

What scope is this?
Burris has just released the new MTAC 1-4x24 riflescope. The original scheduled release of this model was to be January of next year (2012) but Burris was able to pull up the production of this riflescope into mid-year 2011.
The new MTAC scope is an upgrade to the Fullfield TAC 30 scope featuring these upgrades:
•Robust and elegant industrial design
•Separated power ring and eyepiece to accommodate flip-up lens covers
•Heavy duty 10 intensity digital rotary dimmer switch with off positions between each intensity setting
•Low profile adjustment knobs with finger-adjustable MOA markings

·
Registered
128 Posts
Nikon 3-9x40 Prostaff BDC Reticle Matte. Looks awesome on an AR15 and is rock solid. Natchez has the refurbished for $104.95 in stock. I have had mine for over a year and it has worked out great. Looks brand new, no scratches, nothing that looks used on it at all. Awesome scope and a great deal.

·
Registered
892 Posts
I really like the LUCID HD 7 red dot sight. ($200 to $240 online) I has good reviews and comes with a 2x doubler.

Lucid HD7 Red Dot Sight#
This is where I got mine

Mountain West Trading

The price has gone up since I bought mine about 2 months ago. I paid about $250 for mine and yes the 2x magnifier is separate. Great sight though, I don't have any complaints about it.

·
Registered
4,448 Posts
This is where I got mine

Mountain West Trading

The price has gone up since I bought mine about 2 months ago. I paid about $250 for mine and yes the 2x magnifier is separate. Great sight though, I don't have any complaints about it.
I have the same sight and you are correct, it is a very good sight for the price. I did buy the 2x magnifier but it did NOT come with the sight.

don

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.