Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Gentlemen and Ladies (if present),

I've been reading several posts on this forum about the prices of XD's in various states and I can't help but wonder why the XD's are so much more expensive in Los Angeles (average price in L.A. is $550.00). Yes, I know about the tough gun laws here. I've read posts where members say that they've purchased their XD's for roughly $100 less. I'd appreciate it if those members who are knowledgeable about Southern California gun stores would please recommend a store where the prices are reasonable and the salespeople are courteous. I'm posting this request because one of my parents is looking to purchase a pistol for home defense and I recommended an XD.

·
Registered
539 Posts
i called a great number of places around so cal for the xd and for prices. THe prices i found were generally 450 and up as high as 600. The best price i found was at LAPD academy gun store. But they only sell to peace officers and retired officers.

I myself bought mine and picked it up today from Turners OUtdoorman. Its a chain store with something around 7 or so locations in so cal. I personally went to the one in Pasadena. The 4" service model is $469 and $500 for the stainless bi-tone. I had great service there before, during, and now after the purchase. Most of the guys there were pretty knowledgeable and one even actually owns an XD.

HOpe that helps.

·
Registered
5,705 Posts
I was going to mention Turners also, even tho I was able to purchase my at LAPD for the reason given above. $389 with Heinie night sights.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Bought mine about a month ago from Martin B. Retting Gun Store in Culver City. 450$. No extra mags or anything but cheapest I found. Great staff, very knowledgable and curtiuos--would definately recommend them. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I got miy XD 40 tactical at turners outdoorsman for 459.00 , plus the two mags. Great service Chino location. :twisted:

·
Premium Member
2,741 Posts
I feel so left out :( kidding

·
Registered
397 Posts
I agree. Turners is the place to go, been to several down there...good prices and best of all.....they aren't pricks!!
http://www.turners.com/

·
Registered
63 Posts
I just moved to Oceanside (I know, its a bit of a drive), but there is a Gun Range here called Iron Sights...they have a really nice selection of pistols at decent prices. XDs are around $449 and up. I was lucky and found my XD for $429 w/ the (crappy) Holster and extra mag. up in NorCal. If you don't mind the irritating looks, you can always make an offer to the gun stores.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts