Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I received a XDMc .40 for Christmas from my wife and kids and I'm looking for recommendations on several things but I'd really like to try a laser sight. So I'm hoping y'all can help me pick one.

This is not a cc gun - it's an oc gun, a ranch gun. I work in the south Texas brush and they wanted me to have a handgun for snakes, putting down wounded game and confrontations with illegals on the ranch. I normally have a long gun (or 3, lol) in the truck but I have a habit of leaving it behind too often because it's a pain to drag through the thickest brush. So, they got me this XDM.

I'm leaning towards just a laser because I normally have a very powerful handheld flashlight with me after dark; and I'm guessing the batteries last longer without having a light onboard, not to mention it's probably more streamlined. But I'm still open to a laser/light combo, depending on recommendations.

I definitely want one that will fit in a holster. Preferably, a paddle style or clip-on style; so that I can take it off when I'm in the truck or working on things on the ranch where I don't need it.

So, given my needs, anyone have any recommendations?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
414 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I would recommend taking a look at the Viridian C5 laser. Viridian C5 Universal Sub-Compact Green Laser Sight Free S H 804879192039

They also make a Taclock holster which will activate the laser once you draw your firearms which is compatible with both an XD and XD(M). Viridian TacLoc Laser-Ready Autolock Holster 950-0023 950-0025 950-0017 950-0034 950-0024 950-0015 950-0021 950-0016 950-0031 920-0028 950-0030 950-0026. Viridian Green Lasers Belt Holsters.

Mike C
Thanks for the reply Mike. I saw those lasers but I really need a paddle style holster or something I can put on and take off quickly. Do they make a paddle style holster or only that belt loop one? Just hate to have to undo my belt and put it on or take it off - I can't carry it all the time with the work I do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
414 Posts
Hello,

Sorry for the long response time for this, it's been a really hectic week over here. These holsters actually come with a paddle. i'm not sure why they don't include it in the stock photo (maybe to showcase the holster body?) so you would be all set with it.

Mike C.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I also recommend the viridian, I have the C5L and the paddle holster for it. The holster itself is quit easy to take off and put on withoout undoing your belt. The laser is very great quality and the size is great for a compact.

·
Premium Member
128,172 Posts
The Streamlight M6X works well for me.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts