Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need a close to the body IWB holster for a colt style 1911. I currently carry my Springfield XD Mod 2 .45 in a stealthgear IWB but am curious what holsters others like for their 1911 that keeps the weapon close to the body.

·
Registered
3,645 Posts
I personally don't carry a 1911 (own one but don't carry it), but for IWB holsters, my top recommendation is the Crossbreed Supertuck! I have two of them, one for my Walther PPS and one for my Gen4 Glock 19 (current carry gun). Both do a great job of concealment, are stable, comfortable, adjustable for cant and depth, and are superbly well made here in the USA by a family owned, patriotic, Christian company with great customer service. Not much not to like IMO. I've been using them for over 3 years now and have no urge to seek out any other alternatives at this point!

·
Registered
12,197 Posts
I like the Comptac Mtac for any IWB carry, but SuperTuck is good as are most IWB rigs. IWB in itself means close to the body.

·
Premium Member
876 Posts
When I do carry my S&W SC1911E Commander, it is in a Alien Gear IWB holster. It holds well, is fairly comfortable and keeps it tight.

Bowser

·
Registered
3,681 Posts
After going through the obligatory 5-holster purchase of all the popular brands of Kydex, Kydex and leather, Kydex and whatever, I finally settled on a custom all-leather IWB. Lighter, more comfortable, breathes, gets better with age. Many vendors here make them. I got mine from this dude -

·
Registered
390 Posts
When I do carry my S&W SC1911E Commander, it is in a Alien Gear IWB holster. It holds well, is fairly comfortable and keeps it tight.

Bowser
My 1911 rides in an Alien Gear IWB.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Galco N2

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
138 Posts
Sorry that would be a N3 not N2

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk