·
Premium Member
16,913 Posts
nope and wouldn't do one.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Haven't shot it today, and I haven't had more then 4-5 feeding issues total, @450-500 rds so far. I've read where polishing the feed ramp has solved this type of problem. Although it could also be my mag being tight.

·
Registered
937 Posts
Don't do it....

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ya, I think I'll just store the mags full and shoot,shoot,shoot. Let the "BUGS" run away with time unless it becomes a "REAL" problem.

·
Premium Member
16,913 Posts
ok 4-5 malfunctions in 500 rounds is terrible if its for carry, and I can't see anyone having an emp for a range hobby gun. so I'm not advocating do it yourself but do something intelligible, and do not trust your life to it until you get a fix, evaluate springs/extractor tension, shoot 500 rounds re-evaluate springs extractor tension (I mean if its perfect once you fix it but its loosened a lot with 500 rds, but you know in that range its good take it back to the starting point)

adjusting the extractor on my 1911 scared the crap out of me.

an emp I'd be sweating (not really my smith would do it)

I'm not the best with tools though. even if I wish i was.

·
Premium Member
17,523 Posts
If you are having ANY issues with your EMP, contact SA and let THEM fix it.

I had no problems with my EMP before or after I had a little custom work done..;)

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
If you are having ANY issues with your EMP, contact SA and let THEM fix it.

I had no problems with my EMP before or after I had a little custom work done..;)
Love the custom work you had done.
My issues happen with the slide open, 9 in the mag, then release the slide,either with the release or by working the slide. If I have 1 in the chamber & 9 in the mag- no problems with any mag. I think only 1 mag is the issue, haven't maked them to find out, next trip to the range I'll mark the mags to see.

·
Premium Member
17,523 Posts
Love the custom work you had done.
My issues happen with the slide open, 9 in the mag, then release the slide,either with the release or by working the slide. If I have 1 in the chamber & 9 in the mag- no problems with any mag. I think only 1 mag is the issue, haven't maked them to find out, next trip to the range I'll mark the mags to see.
I had a similar problem with a 9mm Sig P239.

I polished the feed ramp and the small ramp on the locking insert and that fixed it.

But Springfield customer service is awesome,

If you're any having issues, let them fix it.;)

·
Registered
178 Posts
I had two FTF in 100 rounds, called customer service and they sent the call tag The same day.
I received the gun back a week later, according with statement, they polish the ramp and fitted the barrel (120.00 in custom list) for free.
After 650 rounds the gun is perfect

1 - 13 of 13 Posts