Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Title says it all, I'm looking for a holster for my XDm 3.8 with TLR-2 attached. I plan to wear OWB at the 3:30-5:00 position. Any ideas will help. I really want one that I can carry both with and without light.
Thanks

·
Registered
6 Posts
Try these guys. Great holsters but you will be waiting quite a while for them to get through their back log.

Raven Concealment Systems

Edit: Just to point out you should probably not try to carry without the light attached in most light bearing holsters. They tend to use the light as the retention point. You could do it, but it would be a little dangerous.

·
Registered
261 Posts
I've been carrying a holster from Personal Security Systems, they will build to accommodate a light, but I'm not sure if any holster designed to carry a handgun with a light attached will work very well without light on firearm. Maybe some of the nylon rigs will work that way, but they aren't in the same class as something purpose built.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Everybody I hear says Raven. The monthly match I shoot at, everybody has them it seems. Of course, a guy that shoots with us works there and makes them.

I don't want to wait that long so I am going to make my own similar. Doesn't actually seem that difficult.

·
Premium Member
67 Posts
Edit: Just to point out you should probably not try to carry without the light attached in most light bearing holsters. They tend to use the light as the retention point. You could do it, but it would be a little dangerous.

Actually I make custom holsters for law-enforcement and civilians that utilize the light attached, been selling them for awhile to various tactical units in police departments. The fit is custom to your light and pistol, leather is quite different than plastic.... The retention is not obtained via the light and no damage will or can be done to the light, at least not with well designed and custom fitted leather holsters. Here is a sample custom glock with light holster.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts