Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need a nice holster for IDPA. I have the Springfield XD40 in service model. I would like to get something that has a nice draw and doest wear out the finish on my gun. Let me know what your suggestions are.

·
Registered
427 Posts
doest wear out the finish on my gun
Good luck with that (no sarcasm). It's gonna wear sooner or later!

I would recommend the Blackhawk CQC (with/without SERPA is up to you)!

·
Registered
28 Posts
ive got a new bladetech for sale. its black, right hand straight drop, tension adjustable. its under 2 xd holsters for sale in trading post.

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
Comp Tac or Bladetech... just make sure you cant see light through it when wearing it, it helps to wear it with a gun belt.

·
Premium Member
5,751 Posts
You didn't specify belt or inside the waist band. For IWB I use the Hoffner Hybrid Ultimate Shirt Tucker ITP. Also have the Blade Tech UCH which is easier to put on, but my draw is a little faster draw with the Hoffner. For IDPA, all IWB holsters are legal.
For belt slide, I use the Blade Tech Belt Slide. Blade Tech also has a new holster called the Sting Ray.
For mag pouches, I use the Balde Tech singles with the Tek Lok attachment.
Another good kydex holster is the Cen-Dex.
An easy use leather belt slide is the Don Hune 721.
If you decide on the Blade Tech or Don Hume, check out Old School's and Ajames' web stores.
http://www.xd-hs2000.com/holsters.html for the Don Hume.
http://www.pistol-gear.com/products.php?cat=22 for the Blade Techs.

Hoffner (last pic on the right)

Blade Tech

Cen Dex

·
Premium Member
5,751 Posts
Don't have any experience with the Serpa, but I have a Matrix. Its ok, but really hard to draw. If you have a hair dryer, you can heat up the trigger guard cover on it and loosen it up to help, but be carefull you don't over do it. Don't want the gun falling out when moving around. It does have a nice sized sight channel that provides plenty of clearance for the sights during the draw. Price isn't bad either. It will certainly get you started. Just keep in mind that it does not protect the end 1" of the muzzle.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
R Dub said:
Don't have any experience with the Serpa, but I have a Matrix. Its ok, but really hard to draw. If you have a hair dryer, you can heat up the trigger guard cover on it and loosen it up to help, but be carefull you don't over do it. Don't want the gun falling out when moving around. It does have a nice sized sight channel that provides plenty of clearance for the sights during the draw. Price isn't bad either. It will certainly get you started. Just keep in mind that it does not protect the end 1" of the muzzle.
Ye, I think I am going to try that out for a while and then get something differant down the road.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts