Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys im wondering if you could help me out here. I am getting in trade a smith and wesson model 25-2, 45 ACP gun. Its got a blued finish and i believe has the 6" barrel. Im pretty sure they quit making them in the mid 80's. I have done some research and have found that these guns are "supposed" to be excellent guns and lots of people swear by them. I dont currently have a picture, but the guy said he estimated the gun to be at 90 percent. He is a a retired gunsmith. He said he did a nice action job on the gun. The only thing is it had a scope on it once apon a time so i know that drilling the top for the mount probably decraesed its value a little. I was just wanting a BALLPARK value for the gun. I'm more than likey going to sell it to try and get another xd in 45. I know ill probably fall in love with the gun when i shoot it, but cant afford another xd if I dont get rid of this one. I just bought the wife a sub comp. 9mm for Christmas.

Thanks for any help
matt

·
Registered
63 Posts
Other end of the spectrum ... why is this thing underlining and the underline won't turn off ? ... might bring the asking price but probably not. "Stock out of the box" is best for bringing a higher price.
S&W 25-2, 1955 Target mdl, .45 ACP, Extras 45ACP : Revolvers at GunBroker.com
I never could get used to the moon clips so sold off the ones I've owned over the years and would be doing what you're doing and looking to trade it again if I was taking one in trade.
http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=110872604

1 - 4 of 4 Posts