Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I planned on getting an XD. Rented one the other day. The safety blade made the trigger feel as though it were 1/16" wide. It was so pronpounced, after 50 rounds I was through.

I checked out another XD at the gun show. Same thing. It looks like the hinged part of the safety is drilled wrong.

Custom shop offered:
Refit barrel: $90
BArsto BArrel: $250 (custom installed)
(either of the above will bring the groups to 1.5-2 inches)

Trigger jobs:
Combat (pull only): $95
Competition (Pull, overtravel,reset): $175
Smooth trigger face (not touching safety blade): $25

The custom shop won't touch the safety blade. They also said it would void the waranty if another gunsmith did.

Any ideas? I'm stuck!

Thanks,
Paul
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
176 Posts
"The custom shop won't touch the safety blade. They also said it would void the waranty if another gunsmith did."


Modifying the trigger safety on Glocks so the face of the trigger has a smooth even contour is a common one.
If you have an unrelated warranty issue with an XD so modified simply r/r the trigger with another/spare OEM trigger before sending the pistol to SA.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
1,546 Posts
from what I understand, they usually void only the warrenty of the part that the modification is done to. i.e. the trigger in this case. If your gun has FTF, they wont void due to trigger work. I have an email from springfield regarding this.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
14 Posts
i got the barrel refit, combat trigger job and had the takedown lever dehorned. the trigger was irrating my finger as well, but i forgot to ask them to dehorn it, but when i got it back, all the work was done plus the trigger was dehorned without me asking.

re: the barrel refit, the slide wouldn't close all the way after i got it back. i called it in and the rep said to send it back. they sent it back to me with an invoice that just said something to the effect "function tested. found no problems"...sounded like nobody told the tester to look for the slide not locking up all the way cause it plainly obvious if you look at the back of the slide.

i was kind of pissed i wasted shipping and the slide still didn't close all the way(but the barrel hood did lock up flush with the breech face). the slide is loosening up now, the slide locks up more often than not now. i saw another post a while back where the guy complained about the same thing.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
179 Posts
Is there some variation in the placement of the safety in the trigger between individual guns? I have an XD-9 sub and I don't notice that the trigger feels different than any other handgun, I don't even notice the safety lever. I fired over 200 rounds my first trip to the range without any discomfort.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
1,546 Posts
if my pistol ever goes in again, I will have the trigger smoothed out it is beginning to irritate me too.

What exactly do they do when they refit the barrel? is it worth it?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
RonS said:
Is there some variation in the placement of the safety in the trigger between individual guns? I have an XD-9 sub and I don't notice that the trigger feels different than any other handgun, I don't even notice the safety lever. I fired over 200 rounds my first trip to the range without any discomfort.
I think this either bothers you or it doesn't. I come from rifles and it bothers me badly. I'm very much hoping the custom shop can fix it.

NExd said:
if my pistol ever goes in again, I will have the trigger smoothed out it is beginning to irritate me too.

What exactly do they do when they refit the barrel? is it worth it?

I'm not sure what they do. They said it would take the expected group size from 3-5 inches down to under 2 inches. It definately sounds worth it to me.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
NExd said:
from what I understand, they usually void only the warrenty of the part that the modification is done to. i.e. the trigger in this case. If your gun has FTF, they wont void due to trigger work. I have an email from springfield regarding this.
Could you forward this email to me? I would love to hear an official statement.
 
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Top