Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Help,

I live in California and I own an XD40 Service model. As you know we here in "Commifornia" cannot have a magazine capacity of more than 10 rounds. I've been looking for some sort of magazine extension or pad that adds length to the magazine without increasing the round capacity. Do any of you know of a company currently manufacturing something like this?

Thanks

·
Registered
152 Posts
Help,

I live in California and I own an XD40 Service model. As you know we here in "Commifornia" cannot have a magazine capacity of more than 10 rounds. I've been looking for some sort of magazine extension or pad that adds length to the magazine without increasing the round capacity. Do any of you know of a company currently manufacturing something like this?

Thanks
Have you checked Pearce Grips? I put one on my XDM 3.8...adds maybe 1/2" inch to the grip (just enough for the pinky to hang on to)...if you are looking for something adding more than that, then I don't know. Good luck.

·
Premium Member
20,508 Posts
Yeah Pearce grip extension will add some length without altering capacity.

·
Premium Member
1,626 Posts
Be aware there are two styles of Pearce Extensions. One (original version) is the plain finger extension and the other is an added capacity style - that also does not feed reliably.
Check some of the competition accessories from pistolgear and probably canyoncreek. There are mag 'buffer' or slam pads in several thicknesses that attach outside the base of the mag and do not add any capacity

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Be aware there are two styles of Pearce Extensions. One (original version) is the plain finger extension and the other is an added capacity style - that also does not feed reliably.
Check some of the competition accessories from pistolgear and probably canyoncreek. There are mag 'buffer' or slam pads in several thicknesses that attach outside the base of the mag and do not add any capacity
The slam pads from PistolGear are exactly what I was looking for! Just a little extra that my gorilla hands can grab during reloads and it protects the mag as well...Bonus!

Thanks for all the suggestions guys, I really appreciate it.

D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts