Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got my buddies 20 ga O/U stoger and I'm thinking the firing pin is broken. You can see it sticking out in the bottom barrel. To clarify top round is fired and there is no shell in the bottom. But the pin will not allow you to open the barrels up. Is this something that can be fixed by taking the stock off? I will admit i don't have much exp at all with over unders, but i'm pretty good at most minor gunsmithing jobs. Any help would be appreciated, and bonus points if someone can help me locate parts, as it is out of warranty, thanks.

·
Registered
2,327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm kinda the same way, i have one now but have yet to have any trouble with it. And thanks for the tip merc.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Could be a busted sear preventing the pin from being withdrawn when the gun is opened. Usually there is a lever tied into the forearm of an OU that will rotate back when the gun is cracked open, thus resetting the firing pins.

And to answer your question, you will need to take the stock off to address the problem. Usually 2 screws to remove the recoil pad, then a large bolt that holds the stock to the receiver. You can find the 2 "slits" for the screws by feeling around. I would also put some Vaseline or grease on the shaft of the screwdriver you use for the screws as it makes it easier to unscrew them.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts