Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
780 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ordered a Palmetto State Armory MOE lower build kit which arrived today. It came with the MOE grip, MOE trigger guard and PSA LPK. The price was too good to pass up $59.99 after shipping considering the MOE grip and guard run about $30 alone.. The first time I ordered a lower build kit from PSA they included the CMMG LPK but now they produce there own. On my first build I used everything but the CMMG fire control group (Trigger/Disconnect/hammer) and used the RRA 2 stage National Match trigger group instead. So when I got home I inspected the LPK and compared the PSA fire control group to the CMMG I still have. I noticed differences between the two and would like an opinion on what the differences mean as well as which would be the better choice to use. I took a picture for all to look over and give me feed back. I'm not sure what the differences mean as far as function if someone could give me a heads up that would be great. Or am I just over analizing the two?

The fire control group on the left from top to bottom is the PSA covered in oil from PSA. The fire control group on the right from top to bottom is CMMG.

·
Registered
780 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I agree!
With a first hand inspection the CMMG appears to be more refined. Some of what bothered me was the extreme differences in angles and material like on the disconnect how one side has a thick part and the other is much smaller.The hammer and disconnnect have more apparent differences. Also the CMMG parts feel a little heavier then the PSA parts.
I feel retarded not knowing the proper terminology to describe particular parts of each part to give an accurate description of what I'm trying to explain...UGH! Please bare with me I'm still a novice...

·
Registered
957 Posts
As in life most of the time you get what you pay for.

·
Registered
780 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yea I know. I mostly wanted the furniture and the rest of the lpk parts. I was going to order the same kit with out the fire control group. But it was only $3 more to get the kit with fire control group. So I figured I'd compare and use the best one. Or I could just swap furniture out and make it a "classic" lpk and sell it locally for $40. Then buy another LPK and still have onlybpaid $20 for the MOE grip and trigger guard.

·
Registered
957 Posts
Was worth a chance then, have fun with the build and lets see some pics.

·
Registered
780 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Oh yea I forgot to start my "Summer Build" thread... Oops
I started one on AR15chatterbox.com meant to do the same here. I'll post pics and start the new thread tonight or tomorrow. Should be complete by August...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts