Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,983 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey-

looked around town for ar's came here and was told not to get one of them b/c it was overpriced.

i need help in determining which AR too get. it needs to be 5.56. it also has to have a m4 style rail but i want one that comes with iron sights. be it the detachable style handle or just the sights, i dont care which.

where can i get these features for under$1000.00(thats my budget)? (online???)

there was a brand new S&W M&P at another local shop for $922 with flat rail style and no sights, not even the front. but i dont want to spend another 200 on sights. i want one that comes with them. there was also another one that had the fixed front sight for the same price but no rear sight apt.

what do you guys think

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
You can get a Rock River Arms (RRA) rifle, complete with the sights you want and an A3 flat-top upper for less than the $922 on the S&W.

RB Precision:

Rock River Arms

They had in stock (a week or so ago) a couple different Entry Tacticals, TASC rifles and standard CAR A4 rifles. Check them out and call and speak with Robert or Krista if you have any questions about availability, etc.

If they don't have what you want/need, call Steve at ADCO and see what he's got in stock:

Rock River Products at Adco Firearms

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
I would recommend a Rock River Arms LAR-15 16" barrel, mid-length gas system/handguard, A4 flat top, fixed front sight, flip up rear back up iron sight, Magpul CTR retractable stock. You should be able to get it for around $1,000. It comes with one magazine. Get extra 30 round mags before they are banned and 20 round mags for prone/bench shooting. You can easily add optics down the road, but don't have to.

Mid-length narrows down the vast array of choices. Mid-length has lower gas pressure for better longevity and softer recoil than a carbine gas system. It theoretically decreases gas port erosion and bolt/carrier stress. It has a better sight radius and looks better proportioned with a civilian 16" barrel. It offers a better hand grip when firing using a bracing sling.

The Magpul CTR stock retracts for storage/transport but clamps solid for a stable cheek weld.

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
+1 on Wild Rice's recommendation. FWIW, RB Precision lists that rifle (w/o the CTR) at a price of $775 if they have them in stock. Slap on a rear BUIS (<$100), buy several 20 and 30 round mags (P-Mags if you can find them), and you'll still be in and done for < than your $1k max.

·
Registered
1,983 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks both for the responses. i will def have to call RRA they seem to be the go to guys on affordable but quality ar platforms.

as for mags i have 30 30rnd mags from when i was in the army so im set there:D

thanks again

·
Premium Member
3,187 Posts
It will be a long wait if you try to order from RRA directly. Find a dealer that has them in stock and get it transferred to a FFL near you.

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
Complete STAG lower from mooney's $265
Complete STAG Upper 2H from Legal Transfers $489
EoTech 512 with GG&G accucam and lens Covers $410.

Completely set up including Optic for $1164

Stag-15 Model 2H Pre-Ban
$489.00
Caliber....5.56 Nato Chamber
Upper......Forged and Mil Spec.
Sights..... Flip Up Rear/Front Post (Rear Midwest Industries)
Barrel.....16" Chrome Lined 1/9 Twist
Break......A2 Flash Hider

STAG ARMS, STAG-15 Complete Lower Receiver, STD Trigger, A2 or 6 POS Tactical Stock

EOTech 512.A65/1

Operation

• Optics: Transmission holography - 100% parallax free
  • Magnification: 1x
  • Eye Relief: Unlimited
  • Length/Width/Height: 5"x1.8"x2.25" (131x49x60 mm)
  • Weight: 11.5 oz (326 grams)
  • Temperature: -40 to 150 F (using AA lithiums); -20 to 140 F (all other battery choices)
  • Waterproof: Submersible to 10 ft depth
  • Sealing: Fogproof internal optics
  • Color/Finish: Non reflective black with hard coat finish
  • Adjustment (per click): 0.5 MOA (1/2" at 100 yds)
  • Adjustment Range: +/- 40 MOA travel
  • Mount: 1" Picatinny (MIL-STD-1913) rail
  • Return to Zero: Repeatable to 1 MOA after re-mounting
Heads-Up-Display Window

• Optical Surfaces: Anti-glare coating
  • Window Dimensions: 1.20" x 0.85" (30 x 23mm)
  • Front Window Material: 1/8" solid glass
  • Rear Window Material: Shatter resistant laminate (3/16" thick)
  • Field of View (100 yds): 30 yds (28m) at a 4" eye relief
  • Standard Reticle: 65MOA circle with quadrant ticks with 1 MOA aiming dot
Electrical

• Brightness Adjustment Range: 110,000:1 brightest to lowest
  • No Night Vision Compatibility
  • Power Source: 2x 1.5V AA batteries (supports lithium, alkaline, or rechargeable)
  • Battery Life: 1,000 continuous hours (lithium) at nominal setting 12; 600 continuous with AA alkaline
  • Brightness Settings: 30 settings with scrolling feature (10 settings for NV use)
  • Auto Battery Check Indicator: Flashing reticle upon start-up
  • Auto Shut-down: At 8 hrs- programmable to 4 hrs

The Model 512 is fast becoming the most popular model HWS. This tactical optic is perfect for agencies that want the best in CQB speed and versatility, without the need for night vision compatibility.

• AA Battery model (supports Lithium and Alkaline)
  • 65 MOA circle with 1 MOA aiming dot reticle pattern
  • Includes rugged aluminum hood assembly and knobbed, tool-less mounting bolt
  • Interfaces to standard 1" Weaver dovetail / Picatinny rail
Or skip the optic and be at $754

I have this exact same model with the exception of i Mine came with the Samson FF rails and ARM 40L rear sight instead of the MI

if you wanted to go that route complete upper and lower would be $915.

here is mine only with the MagPul Furniture. but you get the Idea.

·
Registered
3,386 Posts
Go to the gun store I told you about ... If not, call them at the very least. I'll even post up a link for you. Ask for Mike and tell him Mike sent you. I believe they have a few more RRA rifles. If they haven't been snatched up. :lol:

Florida Gun Exchange guns firearms pistols revolvers rifles ammunition ammo knives cutlery

It will be a long wait if you try to order from RRA directly. Find a dealer that has them in stock and get it transferred to a FFL near you.
Agreed. It will be around 6 months.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts