Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I Have an XD9 SC and have recently sold an XD 357 Service model. I sold it to fund an HK Tactical 45. I absolutely love the HK but the same is true for the SC.

About a month ago I took a 2 day tactical pistol course with a "Brand name" instructor. After much deliberation, I decided to train with my SC. Most of the other participants were using Glock 17's including he instructor. Other than one exceptional participant I kept my own with the shorter barrelled and lower capacity SC. In fact in several events I more than held my own.

This re-enforeced my allegiance to XD's. I was invited to shoot IDPA with these Glock guys. I still don't like the grip angle and frankly speaking, I like to be different. So with all of that said, should I buy a:

1. Glock 17 or 19
2. XD9 Service
3. XD9 Tactical

I'm taking a 3 day pistol class in May and would like to use a 9mm over my USP 45.

Bomber

·
Banned
1,546 Posts
tactical 9, and soup it up through canyon creek :)

·
Registered
3,263 Posts
Love my tac 9.

Couple minor issues over the 6 mos that I've had it but nothing I'd lose any sleep over. Hey, it even beat bobert1 for the local IPSC Production B championship. :)

·
Premium Member
3,955 Posts
'Maybe not a short read, but a short answer:

GET ALL THREE!

·
Registered
2,637 Posts
Do you carry at all? If so, you will find the G17 or XD Service more convenient. For games and/or home defense, you will probably find the Tactical or G17 to be more useful.

·
Registered
2,637 Posts
Do you carry at all? If so, you will find the G19 or XD Service more convenient. For games and/or home defense, you will probably find the Tactical or G17 to be more useful.

·
Premium Member
24,847 Posts
For competition, I agree with the tactical model...and of course, have it "souped" up! :D

·
Registered
452 Posts
NExd said:
tactical 9, and soup it up through canyon creek :)
+1

I run a tac 40 in USPSA and love it. If you going 9 for competition would go with the tac.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Also add Don's guide rod and 22# spring, might as well add the mag funnel/frame plug.

Even a stock XD will be in the Enhanced Service Pistol division, shooting against 1911's and Glocks with all the same mods, so might as well even up the playing field.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts