Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok guys quick got a guy who needs some cash and has a NIB as in has yet to be fired M$P 15 its the standard model but he has upgraded the hand guards to YHM Drop in rails. and has added a set of YHM BUIS he has also added a check pad and is including a black hawk tactical bag and 5 mags as well as the removeable carry handle and factory hand guards, he wants $850 i know its a good deal as the rifle retails for around $950 stock and the add on are around $200+ the problem is i already have 3 ARs and really don't need a fourth but.

I have the best of intentions of parting it out for a small profit but i know myself all to well and it will never happen for every 1 i sell i but 4

what would you guys do if you were me.

·
Premium Member
792 Posts
If you're looking for someone to talk you out of it, you're probably looking in the wrong place... just buy it.

Edit: and... be honest... did you really NEED that 3rd AR?

·
Banned
1,082 Posts
You obviously have the money to buy it, so buy it! If you think you can make a profit by parting it out, then go for it! DOOO EEET!

Seriously, did you really need that 3rd AR? LOL

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
no but i didn't need the first or second either i just wanted the first then the dam bug bit me.

having the money is a mute point the way i see my firearms is they are an investment to me rarely do they ever really decrease in value but normally go up.

Other than my daily carry and a few beaters i try and keep my weapons in as close to as New condition as possible.

wasn't really looking for anyone to talk me out of it actually just the opposite more so looking to be talked in to it. I need a new another AR like i needed the 2nd Glock 26 i picked up sunday for $300 well $300 after i sold off the extras it came with.

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
I bought colt AR-15 carbine in '91 for $630. Clinton played games with our 2nd ammendment in '93. I sold the rifle in '95 for $1300.
Buy it! If the democrats don't win, you'll still be able to sell it for what you paid!

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
Between now and election day, I would buy any "evil" firearm offered at a good price.
+1 on that. Depending on what happens in Nov., the prices are only going to go up so why pass on a good deal if you have the dough?!

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
just picked it up and its a nice one, he even upped the ante a bit and included a RRA dominator eotech riser with it as well

you guys can expect to see some of this stuff up for sale pretty soon as i will offer it here before i offer it on arfcom unless i decide that i like it and want to keep it.
:cool:

·
Banned
1,082 Posts
just picked it up and its a nice one, he even upped the ante a bit and included a RRA dominator eotech riser with it as well

you guys can expect to see some of this stuff up for sale pretty soon as i will offer it here before i offer it on arfcom unless i decide that i like it and want to keep it.
:cool:
KEEP IT! :)

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
will see i am going to go slap my Eotech on it and sight it in and use it this weekend in a practical rifle match and run it thought the paces. just in case i am going to also take my LMT shorty with me as a back up.

while i have very little doubt that it will function just fine why risk messing up a whole day of fun on the off chance he dumped it because he had problems with it.

as soon as i get my camera back again i will post some pictures. i can say im not really all that fond of the riser

if I keep the rifle i may still part out the extras that it came with and add a set of Troy FF rails as well as

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Ok, quick poll.....how many here have too many ARs?

.....that's what I thought. Keep it!
honestly anyone who has more than 1 probably has to many but thats a whole different concept and bag of worms to open up.

I've also got to many other toys such as fishing poles darts, baseball bats other sports equipment.

if i keep up at the rate I'm going I'm either going to have to buy another safe or at least a much much bigger safe.

·
Registered
367 Posts
honestly anyone who has more than 1 probably has to many but thats a whole different concept and bag of worms to open up.

I've also got to many other toys such as fishing poles darts, baseball bats other sports equipment.

if i keep up at the rate I'm going I'm either going to have to buy another safe or at least a much much bigger safe.

I'm in McKinney Texas, you can store some Ar15s in my safe. :wink:

and by store I mean transfer them to me.

and by transfer I mean give them to me for free. :mrgreen:

·
Banned
1,082 Posts
will see i am going to go slap my Eotech on it and sight it in and use it this weekend in a practical rifle match and run it thought the paces. just in case i am going to also take my LMT shorty with me as a back up.

while i have very little doubt that it will function just fine why risk messing up a whole day of fun on the off chance he dumped it because he had problems with it.

as soon as i get my camera back again i will post some pictures. i can say im not really all that fond of the riser

if I keep the rifle i may still part out the extras that it came with and add a set of Troy FF rails as well as
Yep, that's what I would do. Part out the stuff I don't want on it and add on the things I want. Hopefully this wasn't sold under false pretenses. Because that would suck big monkey balls if after 2-3 rounds it starts to crap out.

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Yep, that's what I would do. Part out the stuff I don't want on it and add on the things I want. Hopefully this wasn't sold under false pretenses. Because that would suck big monkey balls if after 2-3 rounds it starts to crap out.
he said it had never been fired and honestly it doesn't look like it has according to him he was only selling it because he needed the money

·
Registered
342 Posts
I have one ar15 yes just one:(...But dont want another..........I want a dpms lr-308:D I have the money easy but i just cant justifiy the $1k price tag.

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Watch it T.J. you'll end up with a table full :lol:
I'm working on it I'm actialy up to five (hahaha how funny is that I forgot I picked up a colt a few weeks ago until started packing up last nightfor our match)
  • 1. Stag complete rifle
  • 1 stag/dpms frakengun
  • 1 LMT SBR
  • 1 colt
  • 1 s&w AR15
A few more and I will be caught up with you.

Oh yeah I also have full metal armalite trademarked ICS M4 airsoft rifle

I have one ar15 yes just one:(...But dont want another..........I want a dpms lr-308:D I have the money easy but i just cant justifiy the $1k price tag.
thats cheap for a .308 I picked up a surgon .308 for $2500 a few months ago worth every penny I'm sshooting dime sized groups at 600 yard

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Sorry about the messy desk i just got finished cleaning it from Saturdays practical rifle match.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts