Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm going down to work at the gulf coast and need a tuckable iwb hoster for a service 9mm xd.My company doesn't mind the guns,but it has to be concealed.NC permits are honored in the states I'll be working in.I have an owb but it won't work in this situation.If anyone knows where a decent iwb that is tuckable and is available now I would be very grateful.The first group of people are leaving Monday,but I won't go for a couple of more weeks.Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have not been carrying for very long, but I have the same question.
I have used an IWB for loose shirts. Not bad.

I have also used a fanny pack. (maybe not an option in your application).

The two items that may meet your criteria are the following:

This is inside the pants, front left hand side (similar to cross draw).
I was at a gun show and tried it with a Glock 19. It was fairly impressive.
I don't know how I would like it day-in day-out though.

The other one I saw that may meet your needs is a Galco SkyOps.
Again, I haven't used it. But it looks reasonable.

http://www.usgalco.com/HolsterG3.asp?ProductID=2762&GunID=223

Tim

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Heres my Comp Tac IWB holster for an XD40. Haven't worn it for very long but it seems pretty comfortable. If you tell the owner the details of your situation, he might be able to produce it a little quicker for you.
EDIT: Forgot to mention that it is tuckable. The C-clips(or whichever you pick) will be visible though.

·
Premium Member
438 Posts
I've been wearing a CTAC for two+ years now. My U clips started to crack from putting the holster on and taking it off so much (several times a day) so I went online and ordered new U clips and a set of C clips to try them out. I got a call from CompTac saying they would warranty the U clips and would give me a refund for them!

I tried the C clips for several weeks and ultimately went back to the U clips. The way the CTAC rides on my body, the C clips wouldn't stay engaged with my belt. They would pull away from my belt, hanging on just my pants which was kinda annoying. So I went back to my free C clips.

This is my second ctac and they gladly did some custom modifications for me when I ordered it. I love the Ctac (though I've never tried any other IWB) but their service is just awesome. Shipping is super quick.
-Mike

·
Registered
65 Posts
Gunners alley has the CTAC in stock, I just got one a few weeks ago and love it!
You know I just saw a job posting on another forum looking for ppl to go do security in the gulf. Lokking for ppl with prior police/MP or general military experience, only other major requirement was that they had a CCW, weapon, ammo, cuffs and other gear ready to go. I considered sending in a resume but was a bit turned off that the company offered zero medical, life insurance or disability protection, but the hourly wage was such that one should be able to pay for that himself so maybe thats a moot point.
Anyway, stay safe and on guard. Try and help those that can't help themselves....

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for all the info-not long ago I considered getiing rid of the xd to help finance another 1911,I'm glad I didn't...it's just impossible to get rid of a pistol you can't make malfunction.

·
Registered
5,705 Posts
FYI, if you go to the Galco sight given for the SkyOps, the holster is $80. If you go to the Milt Sparks site given by another member and go to the Galco holsters, the same one is $64. Big difference for the same holster. Just thought I'd mention it if one was considering that particular one.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts