Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for a holster and need support, I'm right handed and new to owning handguns.
I have the newly released Springfield xd-m elite 3.8" compact osp 10mm with the hex dragonfly red dot optic, I haven't yet but will likely add suppressor height sights, I did add a olight rail mount baldr s 800 light/laser

·
Registered
58 Posts
Welcome to the community. Do you want Kydex or leather or a combo?

You probably want to read up on holsters and holstering techniques: Glock leg strikes again. - AR15.COM

I'm assuming that the 10mm has the same slide and trigger guard dimensions as the 9mm (can someone please verify?), which there are a few holsters for. All the accessories will complicate your search though, but you could try a "universal fit" holster, but I would contact the manufacturer before buying. I like this brand: Blackhawk Holsters

Crossbreed might make one that would work, but once again I would contact them (note I just picked a random light). Springfield Armory XD-M 3.8 Elite Streamlight TLR-6 Holsters (crossbreedholsters.com)

Alien Gear might work as well: Concealed Carry Holsters | IWB and OWB Holsters | Alien Gear Holsters

No guarantees on suppressor height sights on any of these.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply and suggestions, I'll follow up on them. I do not have enough experience yet to have a preference but I'm leaning towards owb and maybe near my thigh, open carry in the woods primarily hiking with my dog, as you mentioned the accessories will complicate my search so my primary focus is to first find something that works for my combination and hopefully is comfortable for long trail hikes.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Sounds like a right hip holster or drop-leg. They make a lot of drop leg holsters that would probably accommodate your accessories. I know that some military/LE use them, but I don't know how comfortable they are.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
I found something interesting on the Blackhawk site, Blackhawk T-Series Red Dot Sight (RDS) Holster (level 2 light bearing) Duty Holster.
It doesn't appear on their site that it's available for my combination but I've reached out to them and hopefully they can help me out.
Thanks again for the lead.

·
Registered
2,791 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
I went with Muddy River Tactical for my IWB holster + magazine pouch. The basic one is indeed nothing complicated, but good leather and cut well to ensure the trigger guard doesn't catch a piece of it. The OWB one ought to serve 3.8" XDM Elites just fine, too.

The magazine pouch I don't expect to ever need, and without it, the price is quite good on the holster. But also if I go range shooting outdoors, the extra pouch is fine and can be fun.

Mine was cut for OSP optics and the Holosun sits snugly without squishing the leather.

·
Registered
2,791 Posts
I order a OWB from Urban Carry Holster I will see how it fit.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Any holster made for the XDm Compact 40 or 45 will hold the 10MM. I just received a Kydex I bought for a "45", and my 10MM fits perfectly. I'm sure I/you could modify any of these by hand with a Dremel to take a red dot. I'm not getting a red dot because I have an astigmatism, and red dots look like starbursts to me.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Any holster made for the XDm Compact 40 or 45 will hold the 10MM. I just received a Kydex I bought for a "45", and my 10MM fits perfectly. I'm sure I/you could modify any of these by hand with a Dremel to take a red dot. I'm not getting a red dot because I have an astigmatism, and red dots look like starbursts to me.
Thanks for the Suggestions, Tonight I ordered a 7395RDS - 7T ALS LOW-RIDE LEVEL I RETENTION DUTY HOLSTER from safariland it's actually for a Walther PDP compact 4 inch with a Trijicon rmr and streamlight tlr 7 but all the comparison specs that matter look like it will work, worst case it'll only cost me shipping to return it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts