Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
16,913 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking at shortly perhaps not being able to buy another AR15 (Obama) and want one that is legal in California, due to being a Marine and assuming I will get stationed there at one time or another.

I don't know the laws, but all I want right now due to funds is a lower receiver, any and all fact based suggestions are welcome.

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
get what you want and then pick up a bullet button. if you get stationed in Cali just install the bullet button and you will be good to go.

the bullet button basically makes it a fixed magazine that you have to have a tool or the tip of a bullet to remove the mag from the well as opposed to just pushing the mag release.

not sure but i think that you also have to have a fixed stock in cali but thats an easy fix later on as well

ETA: also a lower is a lower is a lower.

its just what parts you install on it. if your getting a stripped lower just buy whatever roll mark you want

·
Registered
307 Posts
"yocan"- First of all thanks for your service to this country, it's MUCH appreciated.

Having an AR in Cali is very easy, you just have to be willing to fix the magazine with a Bullet Button and cannot have a magazine with a capacity of over 10 rounds. They sell 10/30 mags so you don't loose "the look" if you want it. If you go with no "evil" features, IE. collapsable stock, flash hider, pistol grip you can have a detachable magazine, but what is an AR with out all of the fun :twisted:. It really sucks to have to do this but once you leave Cali you can easily remove the bullet button (its drop in) and replace with the normal mag catch button.

Head over to Calguns.net and they have everything you could ever need to know about a cali legal AR. There's ton's of great sticky's in the Riflemans Forum as well. Depending on where you'll be stationed there are tons of places out here where you can by OLL's. I'm actually picking up two more lowers today, my 10 day wait is up.

Here's my Cali AR, you can see the bullet button in the pictures below...

·
Premium Member
16,913 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Are pre-ban 30 rd mags legal? If so how do they know if they are preban?

·
Premium Member
16,913 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Considering I didn't live in Cali before 2000 I think I'm screwed....

·
Registered
307 Posts
Considering I didn't live in Cali before 2000 I think I'm screwed....

heh..yeah looks that way. Let me know if you have any other questions.

·
Premium Member
16,913 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Are you high? Seriously, I can't emotionally get through your post in one read. Please don't be handling firearms while on drugs. I have no issues with drugs and the internet, but no firearms please.

·
Premium Member
11,244 Posts
get what you want and then pick up a bullet button. if you get stationed in Cali just install the bullet button and you will be good to go.
Unless there are exceptions for the military of which I'm unaware, this isn't the best advice.

The lower must not be ban-listed by Cali DoJ, otherwise a bullet button is irrelevant.

A good source of info is Calguns.net.

·
Premium Member
16,913 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Unless there are exceptions for the military of which I'm unaware, this isn't the best advice.

The lower must not be ban-listed by Cali DoJ, otherwise a bullet button is irrelevant.

A good source of info is Calguns.net.
pretty much this thread is an abomination all the way around

·
Premium Member
11,244 Posts
pretty much this thread is an abomination all the way around
I'd have to agree.

California is a national embarrassment in so many ways. That the senile governor was voted back in again is illustrative.

·
Premium Member
16,913 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I'd have to agree.

California is a national embarrassment in so many ways. That the senile governor was voted back in again is illustrative.
True, but the laws of kommifornia notwithstanding I'm saying the incorrect and drugged up quite literally incomprehensible responses lead me to think if it was in the chatterbox it would go like will, considering its not, delete the monstrosity and lets never admit its presence was known.

Roflmfao

Veni, vidi, edi
did you read the post I thought it needed to be said. Though I'm glad the response gave you a laugh, laughing keeps you young, and how you act on here its probably needed, you'll be gray in a month. :D

·
Registered
30,302 Posts
did you read the post I thought it needed to be said. Though I'm glad the response gave you a laugh, laughing keeps you young, and how you act on here its probably needed, you'll be gray in a month. :D

Lol, yes I read it.
And I have no idea what you are talking about:rolleyes:;)
Veni, vidi, edi

·
Premium Member
16,913 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Lol, yes I read it.
And I have no idea what you are talking about:rolleyes:;)
Veni, vidi, edi
my turn to laugh so hard my buddies are looking at me funny

·
Premium Member
11,244 Posts
True, but the laws of kommifornia notwithstanding I'm saying the incorrect and drugged up quite literally incomprehensible responses lead me to think if it was in the chatterbox it would go like will, considering its not, delete the monstrosity and lets never admit its presence was known.
Ooookay. :shock:

·
Premium Member
16,913 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
dawg my mockery was not directed at you at all, I was agreeing with you. But that its in a thread as a counter just means if someone doesn't read the whole thread misinformation reigns.... so it should be killed.

I would be happy to discuss this via PM so I do not get accused of "thread jacking" :rolleyes:

Veni, vidi, edi
well leave it to me, I don't remember making it but its my thread so its A-OK:cool:

and Helpdesk no one has ever ever in your 7k posts accused you of threadjacking.

·
Registered
30,302 Posts
and Helpdesk no one has ever ever in your 7k posts accused you of threadjacking.
Hmmm....you appear to be correct....I've been accused of being a liberal, a troll, and of making of topic comments, but never specifically threadjacking....guess I need to work harder!:D;)

Veni, vidi, edi

1 - 20 of 21 Posts