Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bought nib August 2014 manufacture date is 3-11-2014. Took to range shot one box of shells no problem. Cleaned weapon per manual reassembled put back in safe. Took to range yesterday to shoot with another .45 also. Loaded new ammo in 5 and 7rd magazine pulled trigger nothing. Switched ammo nothing again. Put no responsive ammo in other .45 Dan Wesson Valor and both shot no problem so not ammo issue. Very frustrated watced James video function test gun was functioning fine. Looked at couple of rounds that didn't fire noticed primer was hit dead center just didn"t fire so acts like firing pin not hitting hard enough. Watched James other videos 1,2,3 disassembly
and only removed striker assembly all looked ok cleaned and lightly oiled re-assembled weapon. So do I hassle with sending back to Springfield Armory or can someone tell me what the issue is ?? Any help would be greatly appreciated because I bought this as my carry weapon and was carrying it daily. Very glad this happened at the range and not when my life was depending on it.

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
removed striker assembly all looked ok cleaned and lightly oiled re-assembled weapon.
Remove the striker assembly, thoroughly clean it and reassemble it completely dry, no lube whatsoever, and try again.

What brand of ammo are you using?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Remove the striker assembly, thoroughly clean it and reassemble it completely dry, no lube whatsoever, and try again.

What brand of ammo are you using?
Tried PMC bronze 230gr FMJ, Monarch 230gr. FMJ, and Dynamic Research 150gr. HP all new no reloads and all ftf rounds fired in my other .45. I'm baffled slightly that the firing pin, spring, ect has to be bone dry in order to fire a round. I will breakdown and clean again leaving dry and try again next weekend at the range, thanks for the advice will repost with results.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Striker channel should be bone dry - I clean mine with rubbing alcohol and wipe clean.

Make sure the slide is fully in battery as well. When chambering the first round, use the slide release.

If you can't get it to work, call SA. They seem to have pretty good customer service.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Try this, take the slide off-- take the barrel and recoil spring out-- now hold the striker block in/down and move the striker foward, it should protrude out the breach face, and the striker should move freely with the striker block pushed in, if not, there may be your problem.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Striker channel should be bone dry - I clean mine with rubbing alcohol and wipe clean.

Make sure the slide is fully in battery as well. When chambering the first round, use the slide release.

If you can't get it to work, call SA. They seem to have pretty good customer service.
UPDATE - took half day off work went to range yesterday after drying out striker assembly completely worked flawlessly. Tried 5 different brands of ammo all fired perfectly including previous ftf ones. Thanks everyone for the help saved me a lot of trouble figuring it out. Much appreciated.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts