Springfield XD Forum banner

Need guidance on Regent 1911s

2K views 13 replies 7 participants last post by  Texasgordo 
#1 ·
A buddy of mine is thinking of trading his Ruger 44 mag for one. Does anyone have any experience with them? This would be his first 1911 and I don't want him to get stuck with a crappy experience with his first one. Any words?

Discussion starter · #8 ·
What's funny is the original trader wanted 100 bucks on top. My friend knows very little about guns, and was given the Ruger by his dad. No sentimental value. But he was wanting something a little more suited for home protection and occasional carry. He doesn't have the money to buy a new gun as he throws all his money at racing projects.
I told him to try and get a rock island, but so far he hasn't had any takers. Just the previously mentioned Regent and a Citadel that the owner "stripped the finish to prepare for cerakote, and did my own trigger" which I promptly told him to avoid. Maybe I'll post an ad on here for him.

Discussion starter · #12 ·
Nope, It's a super blackhawk :/

Discussion starter · #13 ·
Not much gun IQ, yeah, don't recommend the 1911.

Go service XD, Glock, Ruger SR series or M&P.

And stay the hell away from who ever was trying to fleece him. It a Redhawk or Blackhawk?
Well I have several 1911s and he really likes shooting that platform. Can't say I blame him.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.