Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As the title says, I need an opinion or any info that someone has done on a comparison between 92FS and XD 4" for CCW. Just sold my 92FS and going to buy XD 4" or XD SC. Used 92FS before so anything should be improvement. Leaning towards 4" Bi-Tone for overall CCW while still having decent sight picture. Not really worried about size too much (6'2" & 235) but will carry in light weight clothes on vacation when away from frozen tundra of O"hell"o (aka Ohio).

·
Registered
443 Posts
Well, since your size really isn't a factor....I dunno? They both are outstanding firearms....I don't think one inch of barrel length would be a great factor....They both are 9mm so caliber would be out of the realm....

I would say whatever weapon you would feel comfortable carrying on a regular basis...and whatever feels better to you....The XD 9 in my book would be the choice...and the only reason I could see for that would be the smaller size...

Because as we all know BIGGER isn't always better! :shock: :shock: :D

Tom :idea:

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
LOL.. Size doesn't matter eh? That sounds like something a short guy with little hands and little feet would say!

Raymond

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Read a little more closely. I am 6 feet 2 inches 235 lbs. My dad, however, is the little guy 5'7" 165 Greenie Beanie who scares the hell out of everyone. Big Postman?

·
Registered
325 Posts
I don't notice a whole lot of difference between the 3" and 4" when shooting. Now I almost wish I had bought the sub. I was amazed when I finally got to shoot the sub at how much it felt like my gun.

·
Registered
2,078 Posts
The XD has better trigger and returns on target faster for rapid fire in my opinion. Also I find it better balanced for one handed shooting (a skill anyone with CCW should practice). My preference for the XD also goes for the better ergonomics of the grip, I find the Beretta too wide, and mag release, the Beretta is hard for me to reach with my large hands. With an XD I can do real smooth and fast reloads without any fumbling, probably in under 2 seconds but I never timed it, the beretta take longer due to control locations. . Just my $0.02.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts