Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an XD45 4-inch pistol in which I have installed the PRP drop in trigger kit. I have been considering the purchase of the Advantage Arms .22 conversion kit. However, the Advantge Arms website councils against using their conversion unit on any XD that had any aftermarket modifications like trigger jobs etc. They want only 100% factory piistols.

I understand that they don't want to take responsibility if their unit is used with modified arms as there are too many possible vairiables for them to evaluate from a safety and function point of view.

So here is my question: Is there anyone on this forum who has used an Advantage Arms .22 conversion on an XD45 that has a PRP trigget kit installed? If so, How did it work out? Did you experience any issues with functon or safety?

·
Registered
9,959 Posts
I am actually the one who helped Advantage test the conversion. I am also the one who recommended that they put that warning.

I had a conversion go full auto, and another that would discharge without your finger on the trigger. Now with the same conversion and a different frame and a trigger job nothing but good things. But it was those bad examples of what could happen why the warnings exist.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I took your advice and canceled my order. It shipped anyway but Advantage Arms said I should just refuse delivery when UPS showed up.
That is what I did and now I am waiting for Advantage Arms to issue credit since thaiy had already billed my credit card upon shipment. I was sorry to have to do that but I just didn't feel like taking a chance where safety is an issue.

Thanks for our advice.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have a 45 cal Sig 1911 with a 22 conversion. It works well but not outstanding. Get the right handgun and practice. With a Ruger MkIII 22 45 your money will be better spent.
There are a few excellent 22 autos. Thing about the Ruger is it has the balance and feel of a full size pistol. It is accurate to 50+ meters. It is a good plinker as well as small game gun. And it is as reliable as any gun on the market. I have owned ( currently own) and given away dozens over the last fifty years.
Two guns I would advise every person to own are; a good 22 rifle, and a good 22 pistol.
With enough practice with a 22 you will impress yourself with an uncanny ability to hit a dime size target at 25+ meters consistently.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts