Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have come across a Springfield Armory XD 45 ACP 4" Barrel Stainless Slide OD Green Polymer Frame. The owner claims only 7 rounds have been fired through it. It looks good. I have an XDS in 45 that I love.

From you that are experienced with this particular model, is there anything I need to look for or are there any problems with this model? What can I expect as far as accuracy and reliability?

Thanks for any insight!

·
Registered
799 Posts
My husband field stripped the pistol he bought from a guy. Just to check it out.

·
Registered
12,197 Posts
If you cant shoot it, cycle it, make sure all the controls work; grip safety, trigger, slide release, make sure the firing pin drops (put a pencil in down the bbl, turn the bbl up & pull the trigger). I have a TAC, 5" version, same grip as the service, & a 45C, same slide as the service, shorter grip for better concealment, only 10rds though. Both are 100% reliable, very accurate & easy to shoot well, especially if you replace the factory triggers w/ a PRP or sim.

·
Registered
92 Posts
My xd 45 4" has not missed a beat. Regular cleaning after range day is all I have done to it. I am no 'smith but it looks fine to me. "knock on wood"........every time I have pulled the trigger it went bang.

J Wett

1 - 4 of 4 Posts