Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a chance to buy a older model Olympic AR-15 11.5 barrel with barrel extension/flash sup. for 600.00 is this a good price. The gun is in good condition and this will be a private sell.. Thanks in advance for the help.

·
Premium Member
3,006 Posts
I have a chance to buy a older model Olympic AR-15 11.5 barrel with barrel extension/flash sup. for 600.00 is this a good price. The gun is in good condition and this will be a private sell.. Thanks in advance for the help.
Only if the get the tax stamp.

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
Only if the get the tax stamp.
i am reading it as though it has a permanently attached flash suppressor to bring the barrel up to 16" OAL

for an OLY its a fair price but by no means a smoking deal unless he is including a bunch of extras such as rails, optic, quality BUIS assuming its not an A2 mags carrying case.

I will not get in to the rest of arguments on OLYS quality other than to say some think its for crap and others that have them seem to be happy. so it may be a crap shoot.

try and find out why he is selling it. if its because he has had problems walk away it could cost you more in the long run replacing parts to make it reliable.

for a $50 more you could get a brand new Stag Stripped lower and a CMMG FFE kit.

mooney's has the lower for $125 and FFE has the kit for $499 which includes a removable carry handle to tide you over until you get better BUIS and/Or a OPTIC

1 - 3 of 3 Posts