Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK. Here is my maybe problem.

On 15SEP, I ordered a complete .22LR marked lower and .22LR upper from Spikes Tactical. Wanted to get it ordered before the election and before prices rose. So I call them on 15SEP and order a marked .22LR lower(thought it would be nice to have it marked .22LR since I was only going to use it with the upper and didn't want to have to keep swapping it out with another lower) and also the upper. I ordered the lower complete with the parts kit and collapsible buttstock (assembled). Ordered the upper with the Specter length rail with flash hider and no iron sights
(gonna go with glass for now). I asked if they were still running 6 to 8 weeks on the uppers and was told I may get it as soon as 4 weeks because they had a lot of parts coming in.

I asked them if they could sent the lower when it was ready to my FFL guy and then send the upper directly to me when it was done. On 29SEP they billed my CC (for the full amount) and I got a notice from Spikes that the lower was sent UPS to my FFL guy. It arrived at his place of business on 02OCT and I picked it up a day or two later. The buttstock was not aligned correctly (was cocked a little and not straight) but I didn't really mind too much. I just got a spanner/castle nut wrench and realigned it.

OK. About 2 1/2 weeks ago I started sending messages through their homepage on the "contact us" page. I have sent three emails through their homepage email so far. I asked if they could let me know how soon they may be done with my upper and when I could expect shipment of it. I have been polite in each email. They have NOT answered any of my emails so far. I tried to call but keep getting a "mailbox is full" message. I know they must be busy with all that is going on in the industry today, but I feel they could at least have the courtesy to give me an answer.
It has now been 8 weeks plus since I ordered it.

So now I sent another polite email to the [email protected] address this past Friday. Hoping to hear something Monday but am not holding my breath. As with the rest of the emails I also sent my contact information.

The maybe problem comes in considering the fact that I do not know WTF is going on. I called my CC company and have until 29NOV to dispute the charge on my card. I do not know if I should dispute the charge or not. If they would at least let me know something I would know what to do. Even tell me it will be another 2 weeks or whatever but I haven't heard diddly squat from them.

I am sure if I dispute the charge I will hear from them.

Then there is the problem of determining what amount to dispute it for. I now have the lower registered to me. I could just pick up a .22 upper from Gunbroker, but it will be at increased prices. I have seen them come up on GB but they are high now with the price increases. So if I just dispute the charge for the cost of the upper, I will be losing out probably. Sending the lower back is not really an option. Don't care to return a lower registered to me and I already ordered and have received 5
Black Dog Machine 27 round magazines from 44Mag before the election and they (44Mag) are now out of stock on them.

So......as of now, I guess I will wait 'til Monday and see if they answer me. I will also try again to call on Monday. If I am going to dispute the charge I will probably have to do it by this Wednesday or Thursday.
Needless to say, right now I am NOT a happy camper. :(

So......... what would you guys do? I need to know what you think I should do or what you would do. Just trying to pick your brains to see if maybe you know anything else I could do to resolve this.

Thank you in advance.

·
Registered
46 Posts
file dispute for whole thing. when the credit card company calls them/mails them to let them know about the dispute they will have a chance to make things right first.

a dispute on one of my cards took me 4 or 5 weeks to resolve with the seller and the card issuer calling me on a conference call to discuss my options.

good luck and it may only take you to rattle the cage to speed things up.

·
Registered
3,386 Posts
So you're going to file a dispute for the whole thing when you received part of your order? I don't think I'd go down that road. If you want to get technical, it's credit card fraud. I wouldn't do it with the credit industry on edge right now. However with that said, it's completely ridiculous how they are treating you even if it's super busy right now. It's nuts that they can't even answer their emails but who knows, maybe something serious happened as far as a family emergency or medical condition. I would only dispute for the amount of the products that you have NOT received if they do not answer you by the time you have until to file a dispute. I'd put it off as long as possible since like you said, you'll be having to spend more to complete your original order.

·
Registered
5,617 Posts
CALL THEM. That is my advise right now. Email is probably NOT a huge priority for them, unless it's regarding placing an order. Since I'm SURE they're swamped, they've allocated their resources to where they are most useful. Filing through hundreds of emails probably isn't one of them.

Get them on the phone and see what they see. If you can't get a hold of them that way, or if they tell you to pound sand, THEN file a dispute (and not for the whole charge).

·
Premium Member
2,267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks all for all the advice so far.

Joeywhat...... That is one of the problems. When I call I get a message that their mailbox is full. Their phone mailbox. It won't let you leave a message. Gonna try again Monday to call and see if I can get through, but it will just be to leave a message because they aren't answering the phone.

Actually went with the Spikes upper cause they were one of the best ones from what I read. I guess their uppers may be good but their customer service SUX!

·
Registered
408 Posts
try calling their normal phone numbers during normal business hours. after a few times or this, Definitely dispute. Who cares whats going on with the credit industry, it will not affect you. You have every right to be upset and should take every angle possible to get this issue resolved.

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
yes dispute the whole thing. the card issueer will help in resolving the issue and seeing that spikes gets whats coming to them. id file the dispute before its to late. and your out the cash once they get the dispute letter they will have X amount of time to respond either they will will respond and make things right or you will get a free lower receiver out of the deal.

its not credit card fraud since he did't get what he paid for. the card issuer will resolve it with both parties and see party that is willing to get it resolved gets screwed.

some card companies won't let you break out once charge in to smaller amounts so you have to disupte the whole thing now it would be differnent if he was billed seperate for both and recived the lower and then disputed it.

So you're going to file a dispute for the whole thing when you received part of your order? I don't think I'd go down that road. If you want to get technical, it's credit card fraud. I wouldn't do it with the credit industry on edge right now. However with that said, it's completely ridiculous how they are treating you even if it's super busy right now. It's nuts that they can't even answer their emails but who knows, maybe something serious happened as far as a family emergency or medical condition. I would only dispute for the amount of the products that you have NOT received if they do not answer you by the time you have until to file a dispute. I'd put it off as long as possible since like you said, you'll be having to spend more to complete your original order.

·
Premium Member
2,267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
As it stands now, I called the phone number Monday around 2PM and got through to the answering machine. If I do not hear from them by sometime today, Tuesday, I will dispute the WHOLE charge on Wednesday and get it rolling before Thursday, Thanksgiving.

I think what I will do is dispute the whole amount. I will inform the person at the CC company that I did receive the lower (she will probably not know WTF I am talking about) but did not yet receive the upper and magazine. I will explain it to her that basically it is usless without the upper. I will tell her it is like buying a blender and only getting the motor and not the carafe or whatever the top part is called.

I figure I will then try to work it out where the charge is disputed, then IF and WHEN Spikes sends the upper and magazine and it is delivered to me in good condition, I will then authorize the CC company to release the funds to Spikes. I will ask that the funds NOT be release until I am in possession of what I paid for. I am not out to screw Spikes, just want WTF I ordered. I think this would be the best recourse right now.

·
Banned
1,082 Posts
Spikes has been a turn off for me even before all the back orders. They take too long or sometimes don't even answer their emails, they also don't return calls when they say they will.

I've decided to not buy from them at all.

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
Spikes has been a turn off for me even before all the back orders. They take too long or sometimes don't even answer their emails, they also don't return calls when they say they will.

I've decided to not buy from them at all.
tell us how you really feel.

·
Premium Member
2,267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Just thought I would add the latest concerning my .22 upper from Spikes.

Got an email from Angela at Spikes on 25NOV that my upper was done and was being shipped. :)

UPS tracking says it should arrive this Tuesday, 02DEC. :) Christmas coming early for me!

Thanks to all who offered advice.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts