Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well..I was using CarolinaXD40 name but had to change ...anyways..Whats possiblilty of getting a seaparate forum for states that have clubs and meetings.. hate to say it. but like them glocktalk forums have,... just a idea to the owner and mods..Im in S.C and we have gun shows a good bit..

·
Registered
603 Posts
Disclaimer: not trying to crap on this idea, just presenting a different view...

Glocktalk has a loooot more traffic than this site does. It's cool to run into locals on this board, but this board has a lot more of a small feel to it in my opinion. Whereas on Glocktalk, in the main forums, it's a circus comparatively. I don't know if having state club forums would be worth it... even in Glocktalk, in the MI club, there's usually only a handful of posts per day. However, I do really like the state club feature of GT, as it helps bring a smaller feel to the board.

Another possible idea would be to create a sticky here where people could post links to local / state firearms forums they frequent. For instance, there's a couple local organizations that run forums that I check daily... posting links to those may give people a place to find an already established local community.

Just something to think about...

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
I think what GT has for state clubs already is good enough and no reason to clutter the forum up with more things that won't get used often. Even as active as GT is, there may be only a few posts per day in the state forums.

Furthermore, on the state forums on GT, people talk about a lot more than just Glocks.

I don't see the need.

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
I think regional forums are nice. Doesn't matter if they get a ton of traffic, just makes it nice to locate someone in your area if you have questions or need help.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I frequent a dirtbike forum (www.thumpertalk.com) and we have regional forums within the BB. I have met several (over 30) people through that board. I have rode with some more times than once.

North East.
South East
Midwest.
SouthWest
NorthWest and a
California (they got their own because thier tons of people that ride there)

I think this would be a great idea to meet up with people at ranges and upcoming gun shows in the area. :arrow: :p

·
Premium Member
529 Posts
therooster said:
i would like to see a forum for the states. it would be easier to share local info without cluttinering the other forums.
+1

1 - 9 of 9 Posts