Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am missing two screws in my (I think) pre-WWII Ithaca double-barrel shotgun. I can't find an exact match at any hardware supply, and I am having trouble finding anything "close enough". Is this something that a good gunsmith is likely to be able to find?

The screws fasten a round rod underneath and in-between the two barrels. It is not a critical part, but I would like to attach it if I can. I managed to find one of the three screws after it fell out.

·
Registered
2,419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Great suggestion. Found the part number, I think. Out of stock.
I take that back. Not sure I find the exact model number. What I have is an Ithaca & SKB 200e in 20 gauge. Numrich got me to the 200-series model, but after more review, it doesn't look like it includes the part that I am trying to attach (or the screws that hold it in place) is included in the schematic.

·
Registered
2,419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
...also it seems that it is impossible to be from before WWII, but is probably from the 1960's rather than the 70's. My grandfather stopped buying guns about 50 years ago from what I can tell and this was his favorite bird gun.

·
Registered
29,864 Posts
...also it seems that it is impossible to be from before WWII, but is probably from the 1960's rather than the 70's. My grandfather stopped buying guns about 50 years ago from what I can tell and this was his favorite bird gun.
See if they have a diagram saying what the screw is; it may be a fairly common gunsmithing screw...

·
Registered
2,419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
See if they have a diagram saying what the screw is; it may be a fairly common gunsmithing screw...
That's the problem, it is not on the diagram. I think the part that is held on by these screws are only on a few models and are purely cosmetic. I don't know what you would call the rod that sits underneath the s/s barrels and essentially just hides where the barrels are connected.

Here is the rod and bottom of the barrel:

Here is the screw that I need 2 more of:
Screw Technology Electronic component Electronic device

·
Registered
29,864 Posts
It might be worth just bringing to a gunsmith...they would probably have the screw.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts