Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I currently have a XDm .40 3.8, and I plan to use it as an EDC. Now I have been seriously considering selling or trading in my XDm .40 3.8 for a XDm .40c for every day carry. My concerns are 1 - taking a beating on trading in my current gun which is only like 2 months old, 2 - selling it privately, as I have never sold a firearm before, 3 - I haven't held a compact model, as no one has it in stock around me, 4 - is it really worth taking a loss for the compact model, and 5 - being without a firearm for about 2 weeks lol...

Any help is greatly appreciated fellas

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I forgot to mention that I do have a the surefire light/laser combo on my current XDm that I would be using on the compact if I choose to do it. I do have on order a ravens concealment holster to fit this application for carry with the light attached. Not sure how this will effect the weight out on the front site of the compact with the snub handle. I would be purchasing the pearce pinky extension if I was to sell my gun and get the XDm .40c. Just figured I would give you guys as much info as I have for my decision so I can get some good feedback

Thank fellas

·
Premium Member
3,565 Posts
Unfortunately, any time you buy something new and then quickly sell it you lose a bit because people will always go for the new gun if the price is close so you have to make it attractive. As to the sale, you need to check the local laws as they differ state to state on private sales.

Compacts are generally going to be an advantage for carry. For most folks, the grip is the hardest part to conceal and, in the models you are looking at, the difference is about an inch which is a huge difference especially if you are bending over, reaching, etc with an IWB or OWB holster.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Unfortunately, any time you buy something new and then quickly sell it you lose a bit because people will always go for the new gun if the price is close so you have to make it attractive. As to the sale, you need to check the local laws as they differ state to state on private sales.

Compacts are generally going to be an advantage for carry. For most folks, the grip is the hardest part to conceal and, in the models you are looking at, the difference is about an inch which is a huge difference especially if you are bending over, reaching, etc with an IWB or OWB holster.
Yea I do plan to carry IWB and OWB, and have read about the handle being the toughest part to conceal which pretty much sparked this interest in possibly unloading to get the compact version. I may just wait and carry it for a while and see how comfortable, uncomfortable, or how well it is concealed with the bigger handle over the compact. I am a larger sized frame guy, I can conceal my current XDm 3.8 pretty well carrying right about 3 O'clock with a slight cant, so it may come down more to a confort thing, and how well it stays concealed with reaching and bending over. I am figuring it will cost me about $150 to $250 to do the switch, and curious on peoples input if it would be worth the switch, if there is something I haven't thought about you know, or if I am thinking right on the amount it will cost to make the switch...

Thanks bro for the response

·
Banned
2,210 Posts
If you can conceal your current gun just keep it, and use the extra cash you were gonna spend on the new one on ammo, or save for another gun.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts