Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Guys, I need a good pistolsmith who is very familiar with the XD pistol. At the range today and the very last round decided to jam inside the barrel. The slide is about an 1/8" from going into complete battery. The strker is not cocked, so it will not fire. I cannot rack the slide back to clear the round and at the same time cannot rack it back so I can remove the slide from the frame. Anyone know of anyone good in the Los Angeles area? Also, if you have any tips on how to get the slide to rack, I'm all ears. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am going to try that first. I didnt want to force it, but will follow the instructions and see if I can get the slide to racked back and then get the round out. Thanks for the link.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
James, I used your trick. It took a good amount of pressure. When the slide racked, it stripped the live round out which was nice. Somehow the striker was completely stuck out of the breach face and is now slightly bent. I did a full detail strip and all else looks good. Going to get a new striker and springs and clean it and use a drylube on the new striker and the striker channel. Do you guys recommend anything special in a drylube?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Guys, I need a good pistolsmith who is very familiar with the XD pistol. At the range today and the very last round decided to jam inside the barrel. The slide is about an 1/8" from going into complete battery. The strker is not cocked, so it will not fire. I cannot rack the slide back to clear the round and at the same time cannot rack it back so I can remove the slide from the frame. Anyone know of anyone good in the Los Angeles area? Also, if you have any tips on how to get the slide to rack, I'm all ears. Thanks in advance.
Hi. You may want to try looking for a possible candidate at craigslist. There are good ones there. :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts