Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need a new cleaning rod. Has to be at least 40" long, BRASS, one piece, with either ball bearings in the handle or an otherwise REALLY smooth and slick system by which the rod rotates.

On midwayusa.com I've found some Tiptons that look good, but they're all carbon fiber, stainless steel, or coated in one damn thing or another (nylon?!)

I need a brass rod... long...

Anyone know of anything like this? I have a Kleen Bore which is sufficient, but its 30" or so and way too short for a couple of rifles I have.

Thanks.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Why brass?? the tipton carbon fiber is the **** and nothing imbeds on it love mine.. Longest you will find will be the carbon fiber probley

·
Registered
221 Posts
Try looking at a bore snake. I here a lot of people use those to clean there rifles. Sounds easier than using a rod. Just a suggestion. Hope it helps

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
tc300mag1 said:
Why brass?? the tipton carbon fiber is the **** and nothing imbeds on it love mine.. Longest you will find will be the carbon fiber probley
Well, steel is as hard as my barrel (screw that) and coated will get crap embedded in it and eventually ruin my barrel (screw that too). Brass is softer than my barrel and will not collect stuff. Are you saying carbon fiber will also not get stuff embedded in it? For sure? If so then I've found my next rod.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts