Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys. I need to increase the grip size for my big hands. Something the size of a glock 17. My hands are too big and my trigger finger reaches too far. Selling or trading the XD is not an option! Is there a grip i can slip on that will increase the size? Oh, and I don't like finger grooves, but will deal with them if i need to... Thanks!

·
Registered
265 Posts
You might try a combination of the Hogue rubber grip sleeve and the rubber decal sleeve. It will be a pain the get the Hogues on after the decal grip is in place, but a hair dryer and a little tiny bit of vaseline or something should do the trick. The hogues have a bit of palm swelll to them whereas the Pachmeyers do not.

Just a thought....also, if your fingers are over the end of the service or tactical you could add the Pearce mag extensions to the package.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
sounds great, thanks guys. Those Hogue grips, are the finger grooves pretty large? I don't need the Pierce extension for my service, but I'm gonna pick up an XD9SC most likely next weekend at the gunshow, and I'll probably get one for that.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hey OS, I didn't see the Hogue grip on your site. I'm going to be ordering 2 of them and a couple springs, maybe a couple other things. Want to save on shipping. You carry 'em, or do i need to go through AJames?

·
Registered
24 Posts
I am told that a bit of hairspray is the trick for putting on Hogue grips. It makes them go on easier and once the hairspray dries the grips are going nowhere.

Since I am not sure if I will like the larger grip I used a little olive oil (a very nice 2004 Balzana) to install the grip in my SpecOps stock.

Dan

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks. I ordered the Hogue grip and the rubber decals from Ajames. I'll just try each, and if its not enough, i'll use both!

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Duct tape. Just another one of the endless uses for it, huh? They should advertise that! Would go great with the bi-tone!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts