Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys.. not sure if anyone has posted about this or not. I had a ton of trouble trying to find valid information on changing sights on the xd mod 2. Well i decided the NCstar vism universal rear sight install tool was cheap enough ($44.99 shipped) that i would give it a shot before spending the fuel and the money to go to my gunsmith. I am super glad that i did!! I bought the truglo TFX Pro sights and installation was very easy with this tool and a 15mm ratchet. I threw my slide in the freezer for about 45 minutes, pulled it out and lined up for the rear sight. It did take a little pressure to break it loose but the ratchet wrench helped make that a breeze. After getting out the rear sight the install of my new rear sight was no issue what so ever. After i got the rear installed i look at the front and thought... crap now i know why they called it a rear sight tool. However i was able to overcome this obstacle by simply angling the slide in the tool. Same deal it took a bit for the sight to pop loose but a breeze after that. As far as installation it was easy breezy. All in all it took me about 1 hour and 10 minutes to complete the install.. thats from strip down to reassemble including the 45 minute freezing period.

Attachments

1 - 1 of 1 Posts