Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,858 Posts
I'm interested to see what Delija has to say about this, given his statement that he didn't need a gun while touring National Parks and considered it a reasonable gun restriction.

·
Registered
430 Posts
I carry anyway.

"I would rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6."
That and "Dont tread on me."

words to live by

everything else is just ...details.

·
Premium Member
1,858 Posts
I'm not hoping for a "Gotcha!" moment. I just want to hear if he considers this a good thing, a bad thing, or doesn't care at all, since he expressed the view that not being allowed to carry in National Parks was a reasonable infringement on his Second Amendment rights.

·
Banned
38,920 Posts
I'm interested to see what Delija has to say about this, given his statement that he didn't need a gun while touring National Parks and considered it a reasonable gun restriction.
PM him and ask for a public response :lol:

·
Premium Member
8,923 Posts
Boooyyyyyaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!

Wonder when it will take effect.

1 step closer guys!

·
Registered
51 Posts
I just heard on the radio that a federal law was passed to allow anyone with a concealed carry permit to carry in a national park! I did not get a bill number or anything else as it was a quick news clip on the radio. I wonder how long before Obamination takes care of that.

·
Premium Member
265 Posts
Anyone know if theres anymore info on this anywhere?

·
Premium Member
792 Posts
While this is a victory, it is a very small one. As long as there are restrictions of any kind in regards to carrying on federal land, it is unconstitutional. You do not need a permit to exercise a right.

What really bothers me is the amount of money that is flowing into senators' pockets over this kind of stuff. The NRA is constantly "donating" to politicians' campaign funds in order to get this stuff passed. The anti-gun lobbies are doing the same thing. Some of the politicians are undoubtedly getting some cash from both sides.

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
every victory helps in the struggle.

I think we are going to have some tough times ahead, but I believe our government is structured such that nothing can be undone.
I also believe that we can get anything hung up in the senate as long as the majority of the states work together.
I hope to one day have compulsory firearm carry.

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
From what I am seeing on this is thatb it is a change in Interior regulations not federal law. What one Sec. of Interior can change another can do away with.
Not trying to be a spoil sport as I fuuly support guns in National Parks, just that we still need to keep an eye on futer goings on to see that our gains are not reversed.

·
Registered
708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Boooyyyyyaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!

Wonder when it will take effect.

1 step closer guys!
Before 1-20-2009!

Title 36 - Parks, Forests, and Public Property

Chapter 1 - National Park Service, DOI
Part 2 - Resource Protection, Public Use, and Recreation
2.4 Weapons traps and nets. (new paragraph (h))

(h) Notwithstanding any other provision in this Chapter, a person may
possess, carry, and transport concealed, loaded, and operable
firearms
within a national park area in accordance with the laws of the state
in which the national park area, or that portion thereof, is located,
except as otherwise prohibited by applicable federal law."

DO **NOT** CARRY IN NATIONAL PARKS OR NATIONAL WILDLIFE REFUGES YET!

The new ruling will take effect 30 days AFTER it appears in the
Federal Register next week. So, I would say it will be effective no
later than January 12th!

·
Premium Member
30,891 Posts
i wouldn't hold my breath on getting a response.
You wouldn't be able to hold your breath while reading the response... it will be too long and wordy. ;)

·
Premium Member
10,575 Posts
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=563><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=top rowSpan=2>
</TD><TD vAlign=top>

</TD></TR><TR><TD>NEWS RELEASE

CCRKBA HAILS INTERIOR DEPT. RULING ON CONCEALED CARRY IN NATIONAL PARKS

BELLEVUE, WA – Today’s announcement that the Interior Department has amended its rules and will henceforth allow licensed concealed carry in national parks was hailed as a victory for the Second Amendment by the Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms.

“No longer will American citizens be required to leave their right of self-defense at the gates of a national park,” said CCRKBA Chairman Alan Gottlieb. “This common-sense change in regulations reflects not only changes in the laws of 48 states, but more importantly the Supreme Court’s ruling in June that upheld the individual right to keep and bear arms that is protected by the Second Amendment.”

Under the rule change, individuals may carry concealed handguns in national parks and wildlife refuges only if they are licensed to carry under the laws of the state in which the park or refuge is located. This new rule does not allow the illegal carrying of any firearm, nor will it allow hunting, target practice or poaching.

“We are delighted that the Interior Department has taken this step,” Gottlieb stated. “This was never an issue of opening parks to hunting or recreational shooting, and the extremist opponents of this measure know it. This has always been about personal protection in areas where law enforcement may be hours away, or not available at all, in an emergency.

“As with the adoption of concealed carry laws in dozens of states over the past several years,” he added, “we are confident that passage of time will prove that all the alarmist rhetoric about poaching and increase danger to families and especially children was deliberately misleading.

“With the nation facing drastic budget cuts,” Gottlieb said, “this rule change comes at the right moment. It recognizes the inability of park officials to provide adequate law enforcement services, particularly in the back country. We are confident that passage of time will prove that this rule change, like the adoption of sensible concealed carry laws in dozens of states over the past 20 years, improves public safety and deters criminal behavior.”

Ed
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

1 - 20 of 38 Posts