Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
18,141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

should be interesting how they tell the story. it should be worth watching.

I doubt SP1 would let himself look like a kook. if you don't watch SP1 on youtube, I think this guy has some good ideas about things. some of the scenario type videos took some getting used to but he makes the point that its about mind set.

anyway... enjoy!

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
Two of the people showcased (Scott and David) are local to my area and have quite a Youtube following (Southernprepper and Engineer775). I have met both of them and they are good people.

·
Registered
18,141 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
David (SP1) does seem like a really nice guy. I think he shares what he knows because he really wants to help people. not that most of the preppers dont want to help people but I think some guys just wanna show their stuff off. ya know? dress up in cool guy gear and wave a gun around in front of a Gadsden flag as they talk about the end of the world as we know it.

·
Registered
4,676 Posts
That was fun, and interesting. Didn't get any really new ideas, but it was interesting to see others who have the same ideas, and the extremes they are going to.

I doubt seriously that I will ever make it a "lifestyle" as those that were featured seem to be doing.

The guy with the underground bunker was cool. I got a kick out of the swimming pool fish farmer/hydroponic gardener, too. The group in rural South Carolina probably are closer to what I'm doing with our family's 100 acre farm that's in the middle of nowhere, but they are way more into it than I will ever be. All that stuff takes money, which I don't have, but I'm working on creative, inexpensive solutions.

·
Registered
793 Posts
Just watched this show, it was rather interesting. I agree that having some form or preparedness is a good idea, but do some of those people really plan on being in one place for that long with no self defense weapons? (mostly talking about the first family)

·
Premium Member
9,363 Posts
yea that first family had practically no weapons. I was interested in that tilapia farm he had. Overall I liked the show, my mom was watching it too :D

·
Registered
4,401 Posts
yea that first family had practically no weapons. I was interested in that tilapia farm he had. Overall I liked the show, my mom was watching it too :D

That could be good though so non-preppers can't just label us all "gun nuts" and also to get preppers to focus on stuff other than guns which most already have covered. I have approximately 12 times more money invested in guns and ammo and accessories than I do in food and water.

·
Registered
4,676 Posts
I thought the inclusion of firearms in prep was well represented. Even the talapia fish farmer had a box of hornady shells. Although, if I'm not mistaken, I think the "experts" did ding him for lack of defensive preps. However, the folks in South Carolina took the prize for best fortifications and firearm preparation.

·
Registered
84 Posts
I thought they were all treated very fairly, and not as kooks, which surprised me. Lots of good information. Gonna go stock up on some more stuff now....

1 - 20 of 43 Posts