Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
recently I have seen a lot of people buying these mosin nagants, so it got me interested. when I looked on gun broker, there are a ton. So I googled them and came up with a bunch of different models.

Is there a reason that so many people are buying these rifles now?

Is on model that much better than the other?

I really like the style of them and really thinking of maybe getting one... I just dont know if I should get a cheap say m44.. or spend some more money on a different model.. if it is that much better, then maybe I will

·
Premium Member
648 Posts
People are buying up Nagant rifles for a couple of reasons. Way I see it, 1. they're plentiful and thus cheap, and b. they're FUN AS HELL to shoot!

I like the rifle better than the carbine, mainly because I have no use for the bayonet; on the carbine, you have to unscrew it to remove it.

As for which model is better, I've heard some say that the Finns are the best. However, like any rifle, each has its own pros and cons.

Only thing I don't like about 'em is the "safety."

·
Premium Member
1,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
hmm... what to get... and when to get it... that is the real question.. im thinking maybe here real soon.. since they can be had for real cheap.. .first i think im going to check around at local gun shops to see if they have any first, before i go and get one off line... gta wait to long for that!

·
Registered
7,623 Posts
PM sent on possible joint Mosin purchase....

·
Premium Member
24,885 Posts
For a first gun, go with the model 91/30. Classic WWII Infantry rifle of the Russian Army.

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
For a first gun, go with the model 91/30. Classic WWII Infantry rifle of the Russian Army.
yeah they have a ton of those on gun broker with a buy it now price of 135 with ammo pouches and everything
thats super cheap for a rifle and its got obvious classic looks to it

·
Registered
1,955 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,497 Posts
yep what Joey said... just push the bullets down into the magazine, or you can use a stripper clip also

·
Premium Member
24,885 Posts
1 - 20 of 22 Posts