Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone used or heard anything about the new professional holster by n82 tactical? I'm trying to decide on an iwb holster and I have my choices narrowed down to this holster, the Crossbreed ST, and the Minotaur Mtac. Any thoughts or opinions would be appreciated. I'll be carrying an xdm 3.8 compact in .40 Thanks!

·
Registered
261 Posts
I've heard a couple of positive reviews, but not from anyone I know personally about the N82. I own a Super Tuck and it is a nice rig; the Mtac is very similar, but an advantage it has over the Cross Breed is you can buy Kydex bodies and use the holster for different firearms. I would advise you to get the combat cut if you go with the ST, makes for a much faster draw and allows for a full grip.

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
I picked up a Pro model N82 holster about a month ago and it's the best money I've spent on CCW to date.

For the record, I haven't ever tried a CBST, but I was able to meet up with the N82 crew at a local gun show and try it out before I bought. I may still order a CBST, but it's really hard to think anything could be more comfortable than the Nate Squared Pro.

Draw takes a bit of practice to get used to the "twist to unlock" trigger guard retention, but is very quick and smooth once you've done it a few times.

The day after I bought my holster, I raked and bagged leaves in my yard while carrying. No change in carry angle, no "jiggling", and no chafing at all in my 3 o'clock carry position.

Some guys like the grip fully exposed in a holster, but I don't like being jabbed in the ribs, and [unloaded] draw practice is as quick and smooth as I could wish for.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts