Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I'm new to this site. I AM NOT new to this kind of forum. I am a member of several forums of this format such as TurboMopar.com, TurboDodge.com, BoostedMopar.com, 2gn.org, 240SX.org, 1gn.org, Neons.org, SRTForums.com, CaliberForums.com, CumminsForum.com and 4BTSwaps.com so I am no stranger to searching before I post a question. I know that usually, any question I have has been answered several times over.

That being said, i would like to say Hi. My name is Tim. I'm from OKC, OK. I'm 24 years old. I bought my SA XD-45 over a year ago and am absolutely in love with it. It is far and away a better gun (For me, in my opinion) than it's Glock counterpart. Not detracting from the quality of the Glock, its polymer frame is bigger than my XD and the fact that the magazines are coated with plastic just makes it feel bigger. My hands are a bit small so i just feel more comfortable with the XD.

I'm waiting for an XDm to come out in .45acp. I stopped in on this site as someting to kill the time and learned more about my firearm in 5 minutes of scanning stickies than I have in the last year. I look forward to reading and learning more. I can't wait to get started.

EDIT: Mods, please relocate this to the New Member section. I posted this in the wrong spot. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Welcome to the forum from another XD45 owner!!! You don't happen to like cars do you???!!! LOL!!! You should fit right in here!!!

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nope. I don't like cars. i love 'em. making a career out of em. Was working at Fowler Dodge until I got laid off 2 weeks ago. Was doing suspension, slignment, NVH (Noise, Vibration and Harshness), brakes, inerior trim and maintinence items. They couldn't afford to pay me any more so they laid me and 8 other people off so I'm off to start again someplace else. i ain't gonna quit, tho.

I wish I had gotten a 5" tactical. When i bought my 4" service, i thought the tacticals were ugly but since then, every time i see one, it gets more and mre beautiful. Now I'm kickin myself for not getting one. But I love My XD and I'm never getting rid of it.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Welcome to the board. Cars and guns, always a perfect combination!:grin:

·
Premium Member
127,768 Posts
Welcome to the forum, Tim. We are glad to have you join us.

·
Registered
2,432 Posts
Welcome from Indiana!

·
Registered
285 Posts
Welcome to another resident of the Great State of Oklahoma.

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
Welcome to the forum from CT.

·
Premium Member
37,685 Posts
welcome

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
oklawall - 10k posts?! Been here long? lol. Nice to see a few okies.

Where are all the different okies from? I'm from OKC, OK. Born in Edmond, currently residing near I240 & Blackwelder.

·
Premium Member
37,685 Posts
oklawall - 10k posts?! Been here long? lol. Nice to see a few okies.

Where are all the different okies from? I'm from OKC, OK. Born in Edmond, currently residing near I240 & Blackwelder.

No I haven't been here very long just a few weeks:rolleyes:, Maud is about 60 Miles South East of OKC, I work at Tinker and drive up each work day.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts