Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
2,741 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
....at least not yet. I put another 200 rounds through it today, just at a range window. I want to have it in my carry rotation so I'm just breaking it in. Around 600 rounds down range now but that's a range window. I've been doing lots of dry fire drills with snap caps, from my IWB appendix carry. Hopefully live fire at the outdoor range this weekend.

I've shot WWB, Federal, Tula, Remington, etc through it and not a single failure. It had a nice trigger IMO, crisp break, short reset, good ergo's, but maybe it's the thinness. That certainly helps for carry but not the BFF rest for grip. ...but that's me. I'm more accurate with my G30 for example due to a better grip, due to thickness I think. The recoil isn't bad so I'll have to see during live fire cc drills. I also don't like the 5 round mags, difficult to quickly grip. I think I'll carry the 7 round mags only. Here is my cc set-up. My normal carry is a Gen 4 G19, hard to beat but it's hot and humid sown here in south Texas so wanted something slimmer and if I'm going to carry a single stack, it's going to be a 45. I really want to like this gun, which means I have to be accurate with it when drawing from cc...I trust its reliability.

·
Banned
0 Posts
Time for a g30s

·
Registered
2,741 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Time for a g30s
Hmmm, I shot these today...

That bottom one is my G30. The idea was to go lighter and thinner. The G30 is not that but damn, the G30 rocks, the 30s as well.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Same here. Picked both 9mm and 45 ACP and soon sold them both.

·
Registered
3,851 Posts
That was my problem with the xds. I just couldn't get in to it. I tried and I tried! It had 0 malfunctions, and I understand it is a tool, but I just never got happy thoughts with it. Picked up a shield in 9mm (xds was 45) and I loved everything immediately. I carried an xdm compact 45 before that, and a 228 before that. So the single stack is much appreciated in 115 degree weather.

·
Registered
4,353 Posts
Due to the fact Im used to shooting full size pistols, I didnt settle into my 9c til about 1500 rounds. Some tweaking of my grip just a hair helped. Then even more shooting before it all fell into place. My 6" groups at 20 yrds shrunk to 3.5" groups consistently.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I agree with OP I want to like my XDs-45 but I am having problems getting my groups smaller. I have about 450 rounds run through it with no failures except on the target end using factory ammo. I know the gun is good it's just me and I am going to figure it out even if I have to wear out my reloader developing practice rounds. Trigger control, trigger control I have to remember this I am even loading 1 round at a time so I can put it together, trigger control. Hope it works out for you.

·
Banned
0 Posts
Hmmm, I shot these today...

That bottom one is my G30. The idea was to go lighter and thinner. The G30 is not that but damn, the G30 rocks, the 30s as well.
I believe the G30S is lighter just not thinner.

·
Registered
2,741 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I agree with OP I want to like my XDs-45 but I am having problems getting my groups smaller. I have about 450 rounds run through it with no failures except on the target end using factory ammo. I know the gun is good it's just me and I am going to figure it out even if I have to wear out my reloader developing practice rounds. Trigger control, trigger control I have to remember this I am even loading 1 round at a time so I can put it together, trigger control. Hope it works out for you.
Yeah, it's a good gun, good trigger but I not warming up to it at. Not getting good groupings either, not like my G30 for example.

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
I believe the G30S is lighter just not thinner.
Glock lists the 30s at 22.95 oz. unloaded, 30.36oz loaded, the XDs .45 comes in at 21.5oz unloaded and about 26oz loaded.

FYI

·
Registered
4,383 Posts

·
Banned
0 Posts
Glock lists the 30s at 22.95 oz. unloaded, 30.36oz loaded, the XDs .45 comes in at 21.5oz unloaded and about 26oz loaded.

FYI
Is this for the 4.0?

·
Registered
2,741 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Well, I bought a new G36 and well test then out, see which I like. My last G36 was a lemon, so we shall see. Of the bat, the XDs seems of higher quality though I should know that as I have many Glocks. I shall.see, one stays, the other goes.

·
Registered
2,741 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

·
Registered
357 Posts
Some people just like glocks better. I don't get it myself. To me they feel like a hi point. But, to each their own. I really like the XDS

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
Is this for the 4.0?
No, that was the 3.3 - add 2oz for the 4.0, so 1/2 oz heavier than the Glock 30s unloaded, almost 2 1/2 oz lighter loaded.

·
Banned
0 Posts
Well, I bought a new G36 and well test then out, see which I like. My last G36 was a lemon, so we shall see. Of the bat, the XDs seems of higher quality though I should know that as I have many Glocks. I shall.see, one stays, the other goes.
If you have a g30 and a g36 you can make your own g30s.

·
Registered
599 Posts
If you have a g30 and a g36 you can make your own g30s.
Not exactly, the g30s comes with the SF frame from the g30SF. I like my xds 3.3 45, but my hand get sore after 50 rnds accuracy is not an issue for me. Also have a xds 4.0 9mm it is seet gun to shoot. I had a g30sf it was a nice shooter might get a 30s someday if I find a blue label available, hate to wait.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Take this for what it's worth, as I'm no gun/shooting expert...

...practice!

I know lots of folks on here are saying practice makes a difference; it does! At first I was really disappointed in my XDS .45. First couple of visits to the range I couldn't hit chit. I kept putting rounds down range and I got better. I got on here and did some research and found that thumb placement made a huge difference--and it did. After installing the PRP drop in kit for my XDM 9mm I quickly sent my gun out to James and had him install the spring kit and polished the trigger bar on my XDS. Now I can say I love this thing. Good luck!

1 - 20 of 33 Posts