Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been dithering about getting a second handgun for a while, not sure what I want or don't want, except I was leaning toward a .45.

I'm somewhat taken with the Bersa Thunder .45, a pistol that really just fits my hand so well that I'm amazed by it. But it only has a 7-round mag capacity, and part of my interest/need for a second pistol is for a SHTF scenario. I can get the Bersa for in the low-to-mid $300s, so it's a decent price. I've shot it, it works.

But there's also the XD-45. Advantages? Built like a tank, larger magazine capacity, I know the weapon because I have an XD-9. It's an XD!

And I wanted a Service model if I went XD. That's what my -9 is, and to me it's the best combo of features. Long-enough sightline, big enough magazine capacity. We can't concealed carry in Wisconsin, so a more concealable pistol isn't important (the Bersa may have been very nice for that).

In the end, even though I had to pay about $150 more for it, I am getting the the XD-45 Service. I love the way it fits my hand, it's a natural pointer.

So my XD-9 is getting a big brother.

One interesting thing about it--I dry fired it a few times and was amazed at the trigger. I have the Powder River trigger upgrade on my XD-9--and the non-upgraded XD is, well, odd. I guess I'll be giving Daniel a call Monday morning.

·
Premium Member
7,343 Posts
Love mine...fortunately I can carry it anywhere!

·
Registered
168 Posts
That'll be a nice pair, Mongoose. I'm hoping to eventually pick up an XD9 tactical to go with my XD9sc, as I already have a Ruger KP95DC to fill the service 4" barrel slot.

·
Registered
857 Posts
Great choose mongoose I went the oppsoite of how you did however. I bought my XD45 service first love it so much. Gets pricey to take to the range every weekend though. So yesterday my XD got a little brother and XD9 service. They are almost identical and I couldn't be happier.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts