Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been using both WWB in the 100 round packs from WalMat and 50 round packs from Academy Sports. Out of every 100-150 rounds I get 1-2 fte. Can fire 300 rounds of Blazer or other ammo no problems. The Winchester seems to be super dirty and the fte seem to happen near the end of the range session.
I clean my gun after every session including the extractor with a pipe cleaner. I fired some through my CZ-75 and had similar results. This is annoying but really bothers me is it won't feed my 127 gr. Ranger ammo either.
At first the ammo would nosedive into the feed ramp. I called SA and they sent me two 16 round mags. That ended the nosedive problems but If I fire 10-15 rounds of the Ranger I am still getting fte. Fired 15 rounds of Gold Dot 124 gr. +p without a hitch. I can see having problems with the WWB. But the Rangers are Nickel cased and everything. Any ideas?

·
Registered
277 Posts
I have a XD-9 tactical, and it does not like WWB. I get at least 8-12 FTE, per box. I use Remington UMC green box or PMC 115 gr. Remi's, I buy them for $4.27 a box of 50. Here in Sugarland. :wink: and it likes them both.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I have a XD 9 service model. I have never had 1 problem feeding or extracting WWB, I have gone through 300 rounds of it so far.

·
Registered
5,705 Posts
Well, here is one from the other side of the fence. I have never had one problem with WWB in my XD SC9 nor my Beretta 92f full size. When I have shot my Ranger Talon LE 147gr thru both I get the same results.

I'm no gun expert and I am in no way disparaging your cleaning skills, but might it be a problem with the weapon. Maybe send it to SA

These kind of threads have been here before and this is usually what occurs. Some have a problem, some don't. I wish you good luck.

·
Registered
2,637 Posts
It has been my experience with XDs in both 9mm and .40, and in both Service and Tactical models, that feeding and extraction problems often begin to appear after long shooting sessions (300-500 rounds) without cleaning. I don't think the problem is that the guns are dirty, but that the guns are without lubrication. These days, if I begin to have feeding or extraction problems, the first thing I do is put a drop of oil down each frame/slide rail. This almost always cures the problem, at least until I can do a complete cleaning and lubrication.

·
Registered
82 Posts
I haven't had any problems with WWB in any guns I have used it in, including my 9mm Tactical. I hope I don't have any problems as I still have 2800 rounds of WWB in the closet.

·
Registered
34 Posts
9mm Tactical with roughly 3,000 rounds of WWB 115gr through it without a FTF. I do notice that on IDPA/Steel Challenge shoots, after 200 rounds and a good coating of the fine dust from the range the slide seems slugish when chambering the first round.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I've got close to 10,000 rounds thru my Tactical and Sub, both in 9mm, and about 98% has been with WWB 100 round boxes....I have not had 1 single malfunction of any kind in either firearm. Most of my range sessions are 3-400 rounds.

I think If I were you, I would send it back to SA and let them take a look at it.
Regards Sonny

·
Registered
209 Posts
Since this board turned me on to cheap 100 round boxes of WWB ammo from Wallymart, I have probably shot around 1200 rounds of WWB between XD-9 Service, XD-9 SC, and Taurus PT99. I have had 1 FTF with WWB and the PT99 (and it was wayyy dirty at the time) and found one round which was crimped badly and had to be tossed. I have had zero FTF or FTE issues with WWB and either of my XDs.

I guess YMMV with WWB. I am suprised your having problems with standard 9mm ball type ammo, period. My only FTF type problems with 9mms have been with hollow points and I have owned around 8 different 9mm pistols over the years. None of them had problems with 9mm FMJ type ammo. Go figure...

·
Registered
2 Posts
Odd. I've used between 100 - 200 rounds of Walmart WWB in my XD-9 every week for close to 3 months now, and never had a single problem.

The woman at the Sporting goods counter knows me very well, now.. :)

I'd say you should definitely get your firearm looked at...

·
Premium Member
223 Posts
My XD-9 Tactical has had zero problems with Winchester WB. It is all I have put through it to date.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Your XD may have something inherently preventing you from processing WWB. I've used WWB with high reliability, and it's what I shoot the most. My XD however will always have a problem with UMC ammo, guaranteed. I've just accepted the fact that I can't reliably use UMC. That's too bad...you may not be able to take advantage of Wal-Mart's low prices on WWB lest you are willing to deal with jams!

·
Registered
196 Posts
Thousands of WWBs went through my XD9. No problem at all. Sometimes you hear about guns that have a taste of its own and is very selective in ammo. Maybe yours could be one of them?

·
Registered
5,705 Posts
David_4, I don't think you should take a chance with those 2800 rounds. I will pay for the shipping. I'm just thinking of you bud and I don't want you to go thru any angst. :D

·
Registered
218 Posts
thousands of WWB through my XD9. it's my favorite practice ammo. dirty, but cheap. i shoot a little deffense ammo for practice with what i'm usualy carrying in my mags, but otherwise its pretty much all WWB.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Man... I have been encourtering the same problems when I shoot WWB and other ammo with my XD-9. I currently have no confidence in my XD and quite frankly it's embarassing when I'm at the range and have multiple extraction failures when only shooting approx. 100 rounds. I thoroughly clean my XD after everytime I shoot and have textbook shooting technique. I also have a SIG P245 compact and have never had a failure with it. I am definately going to send in my XD to Springfield.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts