Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got back from the range after shooting a full sized USP 9mm (my friend's) and my XD40. I have to say I am more than happy with my XD now.

From my experience last night and tonight I'll break down the night into seperate catagories so its easier to skim:

Accuracy: Between the 5"HK 9mm and the 4"XD40 they were both very comparable. The HK felt a little heavier with a smaller caliber so my groups were a touch tighter but not much (keeping in mind I'm not used to shooting the HK).

Jamms/malfunctions: The HK jammed several times on one particular type of ammo (don't know the manufacturer, all I know for sure is its Russian). After switching to another brand it did 100 rounds without any issues. My XD is up to 1000 rounds now without a single malfunction of any kind. (only brands I've fired through it have been American Eagle, Independance, Federal and CCI Blazer)

Size: Obviously a 5" USP will be larger than a 4"xd but what I did notice was the width of the slide. The HK's slide was MUCH wider than my XD. Although I didn't get a chance to see a compact version of the HKI'm pretty sure they're just as wide as the full size.

Grip: No contest for me, the XD had a much more user-friendly grip. The first thing my friend said when he held my gun was "wow, this grip is really comfortable.." The HK grip seems more suited to larger hands.

Overall:
Don't get me wrong, the HK is an excellent pistol in every way. That being said for a few hundred less than the cost of an HK, SA XD is a great gun for a bargain price. If it weren't for the fact that my friends department issues him HK's I'd be willing to bet he would have already switched to the XD by now.. (interesting side note, yesterday he found out that Everett PD, who he works with a lot, now carry XD service models..)

·
Registered
212 Posts
I too have compaired the XD with the USP. Both in .40 S&W. I agree! Overall, both shot without malfunction. The XD was just more comfortable and I actually had tighter groups with it.

·
Banned
1,546 Posts
the checkered grips for the USP suck

1 - 3 of 3 Posts