Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Surprisingly I haven't been here to tell this tale of what happened to me on February 4th in Las Vegas.

Around 6pm, I was actually getting ready to take a nap for a bit and as I was laying down I started hearing drilling outside my kitchen window (I live in an apartment) and just thought it was one of our many maintenance men fixing something. I actually live in a really good part of town in South Las Vegas where crime isn't prevalent, but I suppose that's probably why the following happened.

The drilling continued and I was still wondering what the deal was. I was able to see into my kitchen by looking at the mirrors in my living room from my bedroom. The A/C, heater, and all ceiling fans were off so there was not air moving through the house. That's why when I saw my blinds in my kitchen window start to move I knew something was up. About two seconds later I saw a head come through the blinds and start looking around. I immediately grabbed my XD40 on my nightstand and without thinking twice made my way into the kitchen.

Just as the would be robber was about to hoist himself into my home through the kitchen window he was met with my XD and a laser on his forehead. And then he said something:

"Oh. Sorry. I thought this was my girlfriend's house. She normally leaves the window open for me."

Yeah, I can't make up idiocy like that. What was even more hilarious was that he was wearing a black knit hat, black sweatshirt, black pants, and black gloves. Apparently he jumps through his girlfriend's window after work every day, Dukes of Hazzard style, instead of using the front door. :rolleyes:

I know now why there's so many articles out there about dumb criminals as I have now met one. Either way, he was about 250 lbs or so and after seeing a gun pointed directly at his head, he took off in a hurry.........with my screen for my window. I would hate to think what may have happened had I been an unarmed American.

I immediately called the police and they came by a little later to take a report even though no entry was made. I also called the security in our community to keep an eye out that evening and evenings after that. I also now have a Shar Pei to be my eyes and ears in case I'm sleeping and don't wake up if there's ever a next time.

This is why we always have to protect our 2nd Amendment rights gentleman (and ladies) because those who want to take it away have never been in situations like these. Just wanted to share this story and give another shining example of an XD at work for personal protection.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Hate to be the one to do his laundry lol

·
Registered
3,388 Posts
Man. That's crazy. Glad you are ok and nothing had to happen.

·
Registered
4,401 Posts
One of 2.5 million stories of armed self defense every year in America! I'm glad it worked out for you! God Bless the Second Amendment!

·
Premium Member
127,272 Posts
Thanks for posting your story. I'm glad it ended well for you.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Thats the biggest load of crap if Ive ever heard it. I hear the same exact stories as these while on duty. Its funny how you were all brave and you remember specifically how you put the laser site on his head (and kept dwelling on that part lol). You keep doing what you do, SUPERMAN.

·
Registered
4,401 Posts
Thats the biggest load of crap if Ive ever heard it. I hear the same exact stories as these while on duty. Its funny how you were all brave and you remember specifically how you put the laser site on his head (and kept dwelling on that part lol). You keep doing what you do, SUPERMAN.
It's lame if he did indeed make up the story but I'm not sure how without knowing the guy you can automatically doubt he is able to recall how he responded to a break in at his house.

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
Next time I cross your bridge, please don't ask me any more riddles.

P.S., the apostrophe key lives to the right of the semicolon.

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
Not to be a jerk, but I know that I have already read this story a few months back by someone else, since the OP said he hasn't posted it before.

·
Registered
532 Posts
Not to be a jerk, but I know that I have read already read this story a few months back by someone else, since the OP said he hasn't posted it before.
THIS^^^

I had to check the date repeatedly. WTF is to be accomplished by stealing someones elses story, true or not, and posting it as your own?

·
Registered
4,676 Posts
Interesting ... I didn't go to the trouble to locate the former tale, but also remembered a similar story on "chatterbox" (I think).

Anyway, if it's true, glad things worked out.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Glad you had a gun to keep that from going bad. The great equalizer that can make a 120 lb. person level the playing field with someone over 250 lbs.

·
Registered
532 Posts

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
That is a bit odd that he said he never told the story in this thread. And in the other thread it seems to be a slightly different story, but same outline. SO! Which is it? Did you forget that you posted this already? Or are you doing what one other member does(one comes to mind the most) and trying to get attention? And it may be a bit odd that he only posted the story and no replies in that old thread.

·
Registered
6,682 Posts
That is a bit odd that he said he never told the story in this thread. And in the other thread it seems to be a slightly different story, but same outline. SO! Which is it? Did you forget that you posted this already? Or are you doing what one other member does(one comes to mind the most) and trying to get attention? And it may be a bit odd that he only posted the story and no replies in that old thread.
He wrote the update sometime after 2 AM, so I have to think he was probably a little under the influence of something and couldn't remember. :p

·
Registered
14 Posts
Ya this dude is a liar. If he did in fact post the same story, different details then it verifies his stupidity. He's a spotlighter just trying to get a reaction from people. Obviously because why would he post the same story again. If no one commented on it the first time, obviously no one gave two shits about it or they recognized he was an avid liar. And I don't apologize for being blunt. Someone needs to address this guys lies. I don't believe that story one bit and I've been in this business for a while.

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
Ya this dude is a liar. If he did in fact post the same story, different details then it verifies his stupidity. He's a spotlighter just trying to get a reaction from people. Obviously because why would he post the same story again. If no one commented on it the first time, obviously no one gave two shits about it or they recognized he was an avid liar. And I don't apologize for being blunt. Someone needs to address this guys lies. I don't believe that story one bit and I've been in this business for a while.
Oh, people commented the first one, but he never replied to the comments. I think this is a BS story for sure.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts