Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Having been a diehard Glock owner for the past 5 years I am EXTREMELY eager to get into the XD scene. All my glocks are 40 S&W hence my wife "decided" to get me an XD40 for Christmas :D I've been a "guest" at this forum for a month now and almost every post makes me green with envy. Don't know what it is about the XD, but I can hardly wait to take it out to the range and use it at our summer steel action shoots. She opted for a bi-tone service model and I plan to put a dawson front optic sight on it with (possibly) a Novak low profile fixed rear. I've got that combination on my Glock 23 and target acquisition is superb. My question is rather simple and straightforward...is it easy to remove the existing front and rear sights to self-install aftermarket sights? On my Glocks I have to use a special rear sight tool (mounts on the slide and pushes the rear sight out of the slide's dovetail) to remove the rear sight (front sight, as many of you know, comes off with a simple twist using a pair of needle nose pliers). Thanks for your input and advice and Merry Christmas to you all.

Rippingh2o

·
Premium Member
3,601 Posts
The sights on the XDs have been known to be as tough as biting on nails to remove or some can come loose with a flick of the finger (like my rear sight did). Your chances are 50/50

Merry Christmas!

·
Registered
101 Posts
Ajames or XD-hs2000.com will install sights for free if you buy them from him, so really no benifit to installing them yourself. Im not sure how hard it is to do them yourself.
I think he uses a laser/jig to properly align them.

I sent him mine to get the meprolights installed along with a duracoat. My factory sights were slightly high and to the right at 7 and 10 yards.
I sent him my slide with a pic of my groupings (showing how much they were off at 7 and 10 yards) and my sights are now dead on bulls-eye out to 50-60 feet...
I would highly recommend him. Great work and fast turnaround time.

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
Happy Holidays and congrats on you XD. I have a new XD sub 9mm that will be under the tree. I cannot wait to try it out! :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts