Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A long time ago I refinished my slide with Duracoat. I said I would take pictures but just now got my digital camera so I could.

Here it is, black duracoat. I did this myself and did not mess with the sights, instead I put painters tape over them, you can't tell, the tape had a VERY fine edge.

I did the duracoat at my friends house in his garage, I was living in an apartment at the time, on the way home the slide rolled over in the box and scratched the finish on one side a bit but nobody notices.

I also added flouresent sights, thanks to Testors model paint. Besides that I have added ladder tread grips so the gun does not move in my hand at all. I carry IWB and it doesnt scrape or snag me or my clothing at all.

This is an XD fixed up on a college student's budget.

Please excuse the cleanliness. I told my girlfriend she could clean it next so it hasn't been cleaned in 2 months.

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
nickc50310 said:
looks nice!! your girlfriend cleans your guns for you???? :shock: :shock:

I gotta find me one like that!!
She just wants to learn.

·
Registered
47 Posts
That Testors really seems to shine. In the pics they look like night sights. Are they really that bright or is that an effect from camera flash?

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
poetshot said:
That Testors really seems to shine. In the pics they look like night sights. Are they really that bright or is that an effect from camera flash?
Its the light. I dont need to see the sights at night though. My house has 'lectricity thanks to the TVA. :lol:

They really are brighter than regular.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts