Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well my XD 9 broke on me today,butI found the problem, the roll pin that hols the firing pin broke. Is it just a standard 1/8 roll pin or is it special?
Thanks, Chris

·
Registered
347 Posts
Somebody in another thread said they're metric, they found them at a foreign auto parts store, or else www.xd-hs2000.com carries them in the "factory parts" section. Not sure what exact size they are though.

·
Premium Member
3,955 Posts
3mm x 16mm
ajamsp51 stocks them, I think Old School might, and I stock them myself if you can't find anything localy

·
Registered
9,954 Posts
how did it break? were you shooting the pistol when it happened, how did you know something was not right? Did the pisol still work? Please let us know.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well it looks like I will have to rob one out of my other XD's, I have a match tomorrow and I like to shoot the 5" 9mm. I had just finished cleaning and oiling it for Sat and dry fired it a few times when I noticed the slide not locking all the way forward. Then it wouldnt fire either thats when I saw that the firing pin was stuck out in the fired position. I dont know if it would have went full auto or not, but the pin was sticking out through the slide face and would not go back. Someone give me a price on a new pin all I have is fraction sizes and I think a 1/8 will be too big.
Chris

·
Registered
8,970 Posts
This may be such a time when you call Springfield and ask them to send you a few spares, to replace a "defective" pin. That said, AJames may have them in stock.

·
Registered
2,251 Posts
I tried to get standard sizes to fit, but it was a losing battle.

The roll pin is in metric, and can be damn hard to find. A 1/8 pin is about 0.2mm too wide. :?

·
Registered
802 Posts
macarthurite said:
Well my XD 9 broke on me today,butI found the problem, the roll pin that hols the firing pin broke. Is it just a standard 1/8 roll pin or is it special?
Thanks, Chris
This happened to me before, during, or after I got my gun back from Tripp Research. Slide wasn't going all the way into battery, and it actually locked and I could not rack it at all. I sent it back to Tripp's Armory, replaced the defective roll pin. They were not sure if they did it or not, but they fixed it no prob.

·
Registered
8 Posts
happened to me too. A friend fired a round of 9mm out of my XD40...later I noticed the pin was broken, I don't know if one caused the other though

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well I robed a pin out of my SC for the tac and it worked fine today. I just hope this isn't a on going problem.
Chris

·
Premium Member
3,955 Posts
Several pins are on the way. If it is a problem it is cheap to correct. I got more.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well I talked to the repair dept today at Springfield about my broken pin. He said they had seen them brake before and it was because of prolonged dry firing. He said it was ok to dry fire on a limited basis but to use snap caps if I wanted to any extended dry firing. So I guess its always something new :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts