Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone else had feeding problems with the xd 45 acp. I have tried several different types of ammunition, some work better than others, but all have jammed on me at least once. I have had only one stovepipe with Lellier & Bellot 230 gr. but that was within the first 100 rounds fired through the gun. I have already sent it back to Springfield once. They "polished" the guideplate and offered no other explanation. It seems that they did test fire it, however never cleaned it before shipping it back to me. They did not comment on how many rounds they used to test. When i got it back, i took it out to shoot and no joke the third round hit the guideplate and went 12 o'clock in the breech jamming the slide. After another 110 rounds, my brother & I counted 6 jams in all. This was using 100 rounds of WOLF, and 13 rounds of Federal Premium. All jams were with the WOLF, but i did have at least one full magazine that did not jam with the wolf. It also seems like the magazines, (springfield stock), aren't pushing the rounds up properly sometimes, almost like they are getting pinched on the sides of the magazine, and not allowing the top round to seat properly prior to being pushed into the chamber.

Anyone else had any similar experinces? I bought the xd expecting good quality weapon that i could depend on, and thus far i have been very disappointed, but everyone else i talk to with one has never had a jam like this. I had used premium ammunitions too, with fewer jams, but still at least one per 50, and YES I DO CLEAN my weapon! properly! o and i had one fella i didn't know tell me i probably didn't know how to hold it while i shot it?! I KNOW HOW TO HOLD WITH TWO HANDS, ONE PUSH, ONE PULL. any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
63 Posts
wolf is garbage. dont even count them in the stats.

my opinion.

sorry to hear about your troubles. hows your feed ramp look?

·
Premium Member
3,565 Posts
Some guns don't like certain kinds of ammo so maybe yours is Wolf. I've only had 2 in about 500 rounds using mostly Winchester/USA and Federal. Both were on the same day within minutes. Wiped down the feed ramp and i was good for the rest of the day. Have you noticed if it's the same mag or you get jams with multiple?

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
wolf is garbage. dont even count them in the stats.

my opinion.
+1 on the Wolf. Some people say it's ok but I've never used it. And I won't ever use it. Go get some Winchester White Box or Blazer Brass at your local Wally World and use it for a couple hundred more rounds and see if it doesn't eliminate your jamming problems. Mine has over 1k through of various rounds; factory FMJ loads, several JHP's including +p's, and LRN reloads, not one problem ate them all. Also try some different mags, Springfield may be willing to send you a couple of new one's if you think that's the problem.

·
Registered
937 Posts
my 9 eats anything i throw at it and my dads .45 has never jammed on him either I know hes shot wolf and pretty much anything else cheap too so go figure.

·
Premium Member
355 Posts
I have had several hundred bullets go downrange with no problems at all. I use AGP springs in all my mags (some with 13rds and some with 16rds) and use Federal 230GR FMJ in the range (You can get a good deal at the Sportsman Guide). I also sent lots of carry ammo downrange when testing each box of ammo I carry or use in my next-to-bed-gun (e.g. CORBON, Ranger, Federal HydraShock etc.) with no problems.

Since your gun is seems to work with good ammo, my 2 cent advice would be to first try AGP springs and then, if you still have a problem, try a different brand of ammo.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Investigate the mags.

Outside wolf being horrible ammo, XD's should be able to take it without the jam % you are having.

Any damage or deform of the top lip of the mag can cause feed issues.

·
Registered
5,752 Posts
mark your mags and then when you have a jam write down or remember what mag and how many rounds are in it.

mine was locking back early and i did this and i found out in only happened with a certain number rounds in it. cant remeber how many but it was like 5-7 well the round was hitting the slide catch button so i just sanded a very small amount off and no problems anymore

·
Registered
329 Posts
not to be a smart azz, but my xd tactical has had no problems in aboput 1600 rounds. only been cleaned twice and right now dirty as hell and can go out and send anything downrange you want it to. sorry to say but it sounds like it may be a grip issue. some have had problems with the thunb hitting the slide stop and not letting the slide cycle fully. others have had trouble with limp wristing or slack grip and then during recoil the grip safety becoming disengaged, not allowing a full cycle. when your brother shot the gun did it jam on him or is it just you. maybe have the rangemaster at your range shoot the gun adn see if it does the same to him. i think it is a grip issue not a gun or ammo issue, more than likely not a mag issue, most of the mags i have seen from springfield are solid, but you never know. good luck with your problems

·
Premium Member
3,762 Posts
1 - 12 of 12 Posts