Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My gun is fairly new ive put around 400 rounds through it with no problems. Went to the range today and after about fifty rounds i pulled the trigger and nothing happen. I locked the slide back and dropped the magazine and got the round out. It had a dent in the round but did not fire so i put it aside. Then about another 5o rounds it failde again. i got the round out and it had no dent in it whatsoever. Im new to guns and im not sure if this is common or i did something wrong. If anyone has any idea what caused this id appreciate it. I also clean my gun after every trip to the range so i dont think it was because of it being dirty.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Lots of things could be wrong the two most likely are: Weak striker spring, unlikely owing to your round count and "goop" in the striker channel. If you lubricate the firing pin and striker spring too much it will eventualy gum up and cause light strikes. I would clean the striker and spring and try again. You only need to put a very light coat of oil on these parts more for rust prevention than lubrication.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts